appearance of Leopard

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi! I have some questions. I love Leopard (speedy!) but I'd like to customize it, e.g using the terminal.

1. How can I get rid of the blue/white rows in list view? I want it as in Tiger: only a white background.

2. How can I disable the top menu bar transparency and drop down menu blurring?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    2. You, and everyone with Leopard wants to know that...
  • Reply 2 of 11
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,320moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dacloo View Post

drop down menu blurring?

What effect is this? I don't remember seeing that one.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Heh. Look closely.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:

Transparency - can't change it, but the "fudge it" solution is to make the top 22 pixels of your dekstop image pure white. This will then make the menu bar look opaque.

Menu blurring - can't turn it off.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

He means whatever is under drop down menus is blurred.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Quote:

Hi! I have some questions. I love Leopard (speedy!) but I'd like to customize it, e.g using the terminal.

1. How can I get rid of the blue/white rows in list view? I want it as in Tiger: only a white background.

Thanks!

May I ask why you have an issue with the alternating row colors? I find it a good way to match up file details with file name.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    i've just thought of an idea. take the background you want to use and make the top of it the exact size as the menu bar in white. then it'll be the same as tiger except for the black apple sign, which i find nicer than the blue and graphite ones.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    dacloodacloo Posts: 890member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daffy_Duck View Post

May I ask why you have an issue with the alternating row colors? I find it a good way to match up file details with file name.

I find it clear enough without the alternating row colors. I experience it as "uneasy" to the eyes. I really see it as something nice, but just not for me, I wonder why Apple didn't make it an option :-)

Too bad we can't take care of the menu bar.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

i've just thought of an idea. take the background you want to use and make the top of it the exact size as the menu bar in white. then it'll be the same as tiger except for the black apple sign, which i find nicer than the blue and graphite ones.

Did you just have that idea when you read my earlier post?

Or were you being sarcastic (as in, trying to imply that that solution is obvious/has already been suggested to death)?
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post

Did you just have that idea when you read my earlier post?

Or were you being sarcastic (as in, trying to imply that that solution is obvious/has already been suggested to death)?

hahahaha, i didn't even realise you said that. i just saw it now. haha, sowwy.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,320moderator
    Quote:

I find it clear enough without the alternating row colors. I experience it as "uneasy" to the eyes. I really see it as something nice, but just not for me, I wonder why Apple didn't make it an option :-)

Too bad we can't take care of the menu bar.

There is a hack that was made ages ago for the menu bar:

http://www.manytricks.com/blog/?id=14

It looks like it's a running program that sits in the background. I prefer one off modifications and since I don't change my desktop much, I think I'll just put a white bar at the top. I just use a solid color background these days though so I'm not sure yet.