wtf spaces?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I moved a safari window to a new space and now everything is being read to me, it's reading what I type now and it's tells me when I open a new application and it tells me info when I play an iTunes song, this is hilarious but annoying, how do I turn this off?! I'm going to try restarting. Weirdest glitch ever.

Edit: It also is boxing random pictures and text in a black box for no reason.

Edit #2: I restarted and it didn't fix anything so I just found the voiceover utility and muted everything.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by buddha View Post

I moved a safari window to a new space and now everything is being read to me, it's reading what I type now and it's tells me when I open a new application and it tells me info when I play an iTunes song, this is hilarious but annoying, how do I turn this off?! I'm going to try restarting. Weirdest glitch ever.

Edit #2: I restarted and it didn't fix anything so I just found the voiceover utility and muted everything.

how do you move something to another space?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

F8, then click and drag it onto the Space you want it in.

Oh yes and Expose works while you are in the Spaces Display as well. Just select the Space you want and click F9. Too cool.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Click and hold onto that application then do a Control + Arrow key to move to that space. For instance click & hold on Tunes, then control + right arrow will move it to the '2nd space'.

The solution above mine posted at the same time works as well, I'm on a MBP so it's easier to me to do it this way....
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Yet another way to move a window to another space is just to drag it to the edge and after a second it will switch to the next space.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by buddha View Post

System Preferences > Universal Access

You've probably inadvertently switched something on in there via a keyboard shortcut (happens all the time)...
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Messiah View Post

System Preferences > Universal Access

You've probably inadvertently switched something on in there via a keyboard shortcut (happens all the time)...

k well i just did it and nothing happened with the voice or anything you mentioned above.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    Quote:

k well i just did it and nothing happened with the voice or anything you mentioned above.

Bummer. That normally sorts that out.