hard drive space after leopard

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
i have an imac 24 with 250 hd. leopard used 6 gigs more hd space than tiger for those of you with possibly limited storage. my available space after leopard is 218.6 gigs just as an example.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gdog View Post

i have an imac 24 with 250 hd. leopard used 6 gigs more hd space than tiger for those of you with possibly limited storage. my available space after leopard is 218.6 gigs just as an example.

did you do a normal non-custom install? Usually custom installs are much smaller. I always do that.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    gdoggdog Posts: 224member
    that was normal upgrade not clean install.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

that was normal upgrade not clean install.

What you might want to do next time, is select the custom install in the install options at the beginning of the process. That way you dont install all the foregin lang's and extra printer drivers etc... those take up space along with extra apps that you may not use as well.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Hypoluxa is right about the extra print drivers and extra languages that take up extra space. Plus you probably have an archive folder now too, which is normal for your type of install.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:

And you need more than 218.6 gigs?