Anybody getting lots of little snitch "kernal_task" trying to connect messages?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I noticed that right after installing 10.5, I am getting little snitch messages that say a kernal_task is trying to connect. It doesn't say what the app is. I am running v 1.2.4.

I know someone else here is seeing this. Anybody else?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    look in the counsel to see if there is anything.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrpiddly View Post

look in the counsel to see if there is anything.

Do you mean the activity monitor?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sc_markt View Post

Do you mean the activity monitor?

He means "console." Unless he's going to ask his lawyer.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

He means "console." Unless he's going to ask his lawyer.

Yes, I know he meant the console. But I am not aware of any use of this to see what app is connecting to outside sites. That is why I said activity monitor.

Can you use console to check to see what apps are phoning home? If so, how?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sc_markt View Post

Yes, I know he meant the console. But I am not aware of any use of this to see what app is connecting to outside sites. That is why I said activity monitor.

The console is the default output for error messages and things. If programs show errors, the console sometimes has more detailed information to help debugging.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sc_markt

I am getting little snitch messages that say a kernal_task is trying to connect. It doesn't say what the app is.

kernel_task is your system kernel or part of it. Little Snitch is a kernel extension. My guess is that the current version of Little Snitch hasn't been tested with Leopard yet. There will likely be an update sometime, maybe contact the developer to report it as they may not have the new system yet.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

kernel_task is your system kernel or part of it. Little Snitch is a kernel extension. My guess is that the current version of Little Snitch hasn't been tested with Leopard yet. There will likely be an update sometime, maybe contact the developer to report it as they may not have the new system yet.

Thanks Marvin. I didn't even consider this.