new macbook for real?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I'm just going to put this link here.. I just bought a macbook, but I would buy the new one if it were to release I would want that one.. so here it is, what do you all think?

new macbook rumors

Comments

• Reply 1 of 21
    I posted that link an hour ago. Good find though.
  • Reply 2 of 21
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Good find? It's on the front page of badgadget for flip sake.
  • Reply 3 of 21
    I saw yours right after I posted it... I'm just curious what people think about it.. sorry for the double post
  • Reply 4 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Good find? It's on the front page of badgadget for flip sake.

So sue me for trying to be nice. :/
  • Reply 5 of 21
    "Update: Many people in comments have pointed out quite accurately that this guy really has crap for a track record. He's been particularly off on iPhone numbers in the past, and some even claim he's screwing with Apple stock on purpose. While that's a pretty wild accusation to be slinging around, we'd certainly caution you from placing any hope in this guy's predictions -- ours has certainly been shaken."
  • Reply 6 of 21
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fishyesque View Post

So sue me for trying to be nice. :/

I wont sue you.
  • Reply 7 of 21
    mcarlingmcarling Posts: 1,106member
    A MacBook speedbump is possible, but anything else will have to wait for Penryn.
  • Reply 8 of 21
    Dear Steve Jobs,

Well, it looks like you?re finally going to release OS 10.5 ?Leopard.? Good for you. No? I really mean it. Unlike Microsoft Windows Vista, it seems that Leopard will actually contain some innovative features. Time Machine looks very cool, and the GUI enhancements like ?Stacks? are not only slick, but appear to actually be useful for those of us who fill up their desktops with files on a daily basis. Good work. Honestly.

Also, no matter what the other kids are saying, I like your new iMac. I don?t care that the glossy screens are too reflective. Yes, I agree with them that the ATI Radeon 2600 Pro graphics processor in the higher-end models isn?t any faster than the x1600 than it replaces, but you have eliminated the Intel GMA 950 from the lowest-priced iMac and replaced it with a Radeon HD 2400 XT. It still sucks (despite all the extra letters in the name), but it, at the very least, indicates that you might be moving away from integrated graphics for other systems.

Which brings me to my main point - your MacBook. I hear that you might be updating it soon, and I thought that I?d make a deal with you. Here it is. If you replace the horrible Intel GMA 950 with a decent dedicated solution with at least 128mb of memory (not system ram, Mr. Sneaky), I will buy one of your mid-range MacBooks. I would even settle for the pathetically underpowered 2400 XT. If you decide to upgrade the chipset to the Santa Rosa hardware used on your MacBook Pros in order to increase the bus speed to 800 Mhz, that would be the proverbial icing on the cake, but I know that?s asking a lot. So, all I want is you to go back (you do have a Time Machine now, so it?s not asking all that much) to the old way of doing things with the iBook, which did have a dedicated graphics solution. Honestly, what harm could it cause?

Steve, I know, deep in your heart, you want to make this change. It doesn?t need to be about the $1,200 I will give you in small monthly payments over the next three years. It?s about doing the right thing. Mr. Jobs, we?re all counting on you.

Don?t let us down.

Sincerely,

Switchy McSwitcher
  • Reply 9 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SwitchyMcSwitcher View Post

Dear Steve Jobs,

Well, it looks like you?re finally going to release OS 10.5 ?Leopard.? Good for you. No? I really mean it. Unlike Microsoft Windows Vista, it seems that Leopard will actually contain some innovative features. Time Machine looks very cool, and the GUI enhancements like ?Stacks? are not only slick, but appear to actually be useful for those of us who fill up their desktops with files on a daily basis. Good work. Honestly.

Also, no matter what the other kids are saying, I like your new iMac. I don?t care that the glossy screens are too reflective. Yes, I agree with them that the ATI Radeon 2600 Pro graphics processor in the higher-end models isn?t any faster than the x1600 than it replaces, but you have eliminated the Intel GMA 950 from the lowest-priced iMac and replaced it with a Radeon HD 2400 XT. It still sucks (despite all the extra letters in the name), but it, at the very least, indicates that you might be moving away from integrated graphics for other systems.

Which brings me to my main point - your MacBook. I hear that you might be updating it soon, and I thought that I?d make a deal with you. Here it is. If you replace the horrible Intel GMA 950 with a decent dedicated solution with at least 128mb of memory (not system ram, Mr. Sneaky), I will buy one of your mid-range MacBooks. I would even settle for the pathetically underpowered 2400 XT. If you decide to upgrade the chipset to the Santa Rosa hardware used on your MacBook Pros in order to increase the bus speed to 800 Mhz, that would be the proverbial icing on the cake, but I know that?s asking a lot. So, all I want is you to go back (you do have a Time Machine now, so it?s not asking all that much) to the old way of doing things with the iBook, which did have a dedicated graphics solution. Honestly, what harm could it cause?

Steve, I know, deep in your heart, you want to make this change. It doesn?t need to be about the $1,200 I will give you in small monthly payments over the next three years. It?s about doing the right thing. Mr. Jobs, we?re all counting on you.

Don?t let us down.

Sincerely,

Switchy McSwitcher

P.S: If you Mr. Jobs do indeed read our beloved forums, you might have come across a thread in the "Future Hardware" titled "New MacBook and MacBook Pro to get 'SAME' aluminum & glass design?". To be brief, in that thread members speculate about how the entire Mac portable line-up can be designed the same, which would, as you understand, mean that the 13" MacBook would follow the aluminum design of the current MacBook Pro line. This would be a great move to unify the notebook line-up. I would hand over my AmericanExpress card to your store employees very quickly for one of each of the following:

1) If you offered the MacBook 15" as a stripped-down version - one without the dedicated graphics processor for the same price as the 13" current model. Maybe you can even get me to spend $50 more on the 2" of extra screen real estate. You should know that this notebook will be for my grandparents and they don't need the extra power of the MacBook Pro, but they can't squint at the MacBook's 13" screen.

2) If you offered the MacBook 13" with a dedicated graphics processor option, one that's more powerful than the, as mentioned above - pathetically-underpowered 2400XT. This one will be for me!
  • Reply 10 of 21
    thebeatthebeat Posts: 113member
    your both nerds.
  • Reply 11 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thebeat View Post

your both nerds.

thebeat,

I believe that you meant to use the contraction you're." The word "your" is the possessive form of you, referring to something that a person has, or something that belongs to the person in discussion [or, the person you are talking to].

-Switchy McSwitcher
  • Reply 12 of 21
    I am sure he meant: you r both nerds!

Any news about the coming of MacBooks?
  • Reply 13 of 21
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    The MacBook is in mid product cycle. I dont even expect to see bump anytime in the near future. I don't even think they do bumps to the MacBook do they? Don't they just update it?
  • Reply 14 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

The MacBook is in mid product cycle. I dont even expect to see bump anytime in the near future. I don't even think they do bumps to the MacBook do they? Don't they just update it?

the macbook is nearing the end of its cycle.http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#MacBook
  • Reply 15 of 21
    Install your shiny new Leopard disc, then go take a look at /System/Library/Extensions and say hello to AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext.

I think that's confirmation that SR with the X3100 integrated gfx is coming to MacBooks soon.
  • Reply 16 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charleski View Post

I think that's confirmation that SR with the X3100 integrated gfx is coming to MacBooks soon.

I wonder if we will see the MacBook get the aluminum and glass treatment with a black strip around the screen, just like the iMac.
  • Reply 17 of 21
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    There are Intel integrated graphic chipset drivers in Leopard...

• Reply 18 of 21
    Sneaky sneaky shoving it under the wire like that. Right under our noses.
  • Reply 19 of 21
    that's an awesome find...good thinking.
  • Reply 20 of 21
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,823member
    384 MB of video memory supported etc... very nice.

http://softwarecommunity.intel.com/a...s/eng/1488.htm

Might not have long to wait. What's a 'not long wait'?