Upload from Ipod Touch

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
On friday, I upgraded my imac to Leopard. I did an erase and install since I wanted a clean machine.

What I forgot to do was export my playlists from itunes so that I could import them later. THEY ARE GONE.

Sorta good news, is that I have most of my playlists on an 80 gig G5 ipod and all of my playlists on my Ipod Touch.

In addition, while I was able to retrieve all my music from the external drive, I lost some movies, which are also on the ipod touch.

Is there a way from the touch to upload my movies, and playlists back into itunes?

I hope so, please help, thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by astutzmann View Post

On friday, I upgraded my imac to Leopard. I did an erase and install since I wanted a clean machine.

What I forgot to do was export my playlists from itunes so that I could import them later. THEY ARE GONE.

Sorta good news, is that I have most of my playlists on an 80 gig G5 ipod and all of my playlists on my Ipod Touch.

In addition, while I was able to retrieve all my music from the external drive, I lost some movies, which are also on the ipod touch.

Is there a way from the touch to upload my movies, and playlists back into itunes?

I hope so, please help, thanks

if you want you could rip them from your hardrive and put them onto your computer. if this is what you want say, "yes master, this is what i want."
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

if you want you could rip them from your hardrive and put them onto your computer. if this is what you want say, "yes master, this is what i want."

I believe I mentioned that the info I am looking for on the ipod touch is not on the hard drive, its gone. So, its imperative to get it uploaded.

FYI, I found a product called IphoneDrive which does this for the touch and the iphone. It costs $10 and worked just fine. IpodCopy would work for any older generation ipods, but doesnt work for newer nanos, touchs and iphones.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by astutzmann View Post

I believe I mentioned that the info I am looking for on the ipod touch is not on the hard drive, its gone. So, its imperative to get it uploaded.

FYI, I found a product called IphoneDrive which does this for the touch and the iphone. It costs $10 and worked just fine. IpodCopy would work for any older generation ipods, but doesnt work for newer nanos, touchs and iphones.

by hard drive i meant the ipod touch's hard drive. there's a way that would have been free. i used the demo of what you're using and it's nice, but it didn't give me access to all the files.