When? Quake?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Why is it that there is so many updates to the Quake 1 and 2 for OS X yet for Quake 3 and OS X we are left with something that is still in beta? The same people that update the Quake 1 and 2 so ti works with OS X could do a fine job if give the task to update the Quake 3 O X app?..I?m still a Quake 3 player you know?..Quake 1 well when I find the time I?ll have a look?..Quake 3 anytime

Frank_t

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by frank_t:

<strong>Quake 3 anytime</strong><hr></blockquote>

we should start an AI q3 server. it would be great to be able to frag some of you skank. any takers? anyone have the server and ample bandwidth to make this work? some urbanterror would be swell.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    hmmmmmm .ai Services anyone?

Gotta have something to plug up in the Store link at the top of the page.

That way when posters start to quarrel they can take their Beef online and Frag each other until their fingers bleed.

• Reply 3 of 11
    rogue27rogue27 Posts: 607member
    Yeah, I'd like to frag some of you jerks!

Er, I mean, a nice friendly game of Q3 would be great.

As to why there are more Q2 and Q1 updates...

well, first of all, I wouldn't say that the quality is that great. Q3 runs fast in OS X. Q1 and Q2 run about half the speed they run in OS 9, and the Q1 and Q2 ports are having lots of updates because lots of things still don't work in them that already work in Q3.

Q3 works fine whenever I run it and the 1.32 patch is in development right now and will arrive when it's ready.

The people at id are working on other projects and probably don't have as much time to devote to Q3, plus they are a real company that does testing and the code is probably much more massive than Q1 or 2, while Fruitz Dojo releases pretty good stuff, but they rely on a lot more feedback from users to find the bugs.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    frank_tfrank_t Posts: 428member
    Well then does any have any news on when the next update would be? i can't play online with the os x verson it quits on me every time it loads on to a server.....i would love to play with the appleinsider people!

Frank_t
  • Reply 5 of 11
    rogue27rogue27 Posts: 607member
    Maybe you're doing someting wrong, connecting to the wrong servers, or using the wrong version. It works fine for me.

When? I don't know.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    [quote]Originally posted by rogue27:

<strong>Maybe you're doing someting wrong, connecting to the wrong servers, or using the wrong version. It works fine for me.

When? I don't know.</strong><hr></blockquote>

How do you connect to a server, any site to read up on or. cfg files
  • Reply 7 of 11
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    SOLD!!!

Gimme an IP and I'll be on yer ass like a fly on... poop

FYI I'm mediocre at Q3. Been awhile seeing that I'm more into the mods (Urban Terror for one) rather than just fragging in Q3.

Still... fragging fellow AI members would be great fun

btw, I'm ZORGALISCIOUS online
  • Reply 8 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by ZO:

<strong>SOLD!!!

Gimme an IP and I'll be on yer ass like a fly on... poop

FYI I'm mediocre at Q3. Been awhile seeing that I'm more into the mods (Urban Terror for one) rather than just fragging in Q3.

Still... fragging fellow AI members would be great fun

btw, I'm ZORGALISCIOUS online</strong><hr></blockquote>

i do love the urbanterror product. i try to play it nightly. same nick as here for the most part ( running w/scissors). i would love to snipe all your asses with my trusty psg.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    I'm pretty active at the quake3world.com Macintosh forum (as "torq"). We used to have a Friday Frag Fest there. Jump in and post if you have problems with playing quake.

The new pointrelease should be out "soon" / "when it's done". This is an id Software style announcement. It can mean anything from XMas to summer 2003.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    kalikali Posts: 634member
    Hmmm! Me wanna fragg you all !

My name is Kali, Goddess of death and destruction, daughter of Shiva. I'm death incarnate and nobody can kill me, except myself (and I fragg myself alot !). Be afraid, be very afraid !
  • Reply 11 of 11
    torq, eh? I seem to recall reading a few of your posts over there. Nice place.

Moving to Software...