1st Gen. MacBook Pro + Leopard = stuttering and pinwheel

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    Hummm. Very strange! I've just wiped my MBP for the 5th time and performed a fresh install. This time, no problems whatsoever. I guess it's a case of if at first you don't succeed.... !
  • Reply 22 of 23
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by freshness View Post

Hummm. Very strange! I've just wiped my MBP for the 5th time and performed a fresh install. This time, no problems whatsoever. I guess it's a case of if at first you don't succeed.... !

I was going to suggest you might need to start again? but I didn't because I was afraid you might throw your laptop against a wall or something in frustration!

If you haven't installed third party stuff yet, wait until spotlight has definitely finished, then install the third party applications one by one, making sure there's no problem before moving on to the next app.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

P.S. a bit late, I know, but welcome to AI.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    Thanks, Mr. H,

Yep, well I'll say one thing, I'm sick of that background during the leopard DVD install!

At present Spotlight seems to be working correctly. I'm not sure why, but this install seems the most stable to date. Why would this happen? Surely the Leopard DVD is set in stone!!

I'll let you know how I get on in a couple of days.