OS X Themes???

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Ok I really donlt like the Aqua candy blue stuff that much. I was wondering if there was a theme app that works well. I would like to have the same scroll bars and stuff like iTunes, and have the rest of the GUI match with gray buttons instead of the blue. Is this something that's possible. I never looked into theming OS X, so I don't even know where to start. Are there good apps and bad apps, is there one worth using, or are they all crap like with craposoft ones?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    The standard one is shafeshifter:

http://www.unsanity.com/haxies/shapeshifter

but it doesn't work with 10.5 yet. There's also themepark but I don't know if that works or not.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    thanx! I don't plan on upgrading to 10.5 for a while, so that doesn't bother me I'm looking for a almost identical theme, I just want to make all the blue accents gray or something not obnoxious.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Digital Disasta View Post

thanx! I don't plan on upgrading to 10.5 for a while, so that doesn't bother me I'm looking for a almost identical theme, I just want to make all the blue accents gray or something not obnoxious.

Simplest Solution?. . . . Try "graphite" in System Preferences under the heading "Appearance."

Best of luck, fellow B/W friend.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crentist View Post

Simplest Solution?. . . . Try "graphite" in System Preferences under the heading "Appearance."

I was going to say the same thing. Graphite. That's what i use.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crentist View Post

B/W friend??

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

I was going to say the same thing. Graphite. That's what i use.

I forgot that you can change the color to graphite in appearance, thanks!