Reproducing Aluminum iMac Interface Freeze

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I found out how to reproduce a interface freeze on my 20" 2.4GHz iMac 100% of the time or at least in my case. Maybe some of you could try it and see if you have the same results. I went to www.callofduty.com and clicked on video trailers and started to watch the first Intro movie and before the video was over my imac completely froze. It happens 100% of the time for me. Guess I won't have trobule proving this to a apple genuis anymore. Let me know how it goes for you all.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post

I found out how to reproduce a interface freeze on my 20" 2.4GHz iMac 100% of the time or at least in my case. Maybe some of you could try it and see if you have the same results. I went to www.callofduty.com and clicked on video trailers and started to watch the first Intro movie and before the video was over my imac completely froze. It happens 100% of the time for me. Guess I won't have trobule proving this to a apple genuis anymore. Let me know how it goes for you all.

Mine freezes when i do that, also when i run the mouse over the dock left to right really fast about 6 or 7 times.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post

I hope you told Apple, did you?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I hope you told Apple, did you?

I will when I return this iMac Ireland. Don't know if I should just exchange it for a laptop or return it all together and go buy a PlayStation 3 or something.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    You might try the new software update for iMacs.