How Do You Organize Your Spaces?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hey, new to this whole spaces thing. Right now I just have 2 going, one for work and one for play.. How do you guys have your set up? I need some tips here

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blascock View Post

Hey, new to this whole spaces thing. Right now I just have 2 going, one for work and one for play.. How do you guys have your set up? I need some tips here

Mmm, four spaces. My main one for most things. My online (mail & Firefox) space. A notes spaces (with stickies and bits of data I need for various projects, kinda like a bulletin board). The fourth space is for Parallels when I need it.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    http://www.pbase.com/image/88158511/original.jpg

here is a screenshot of spaces in action and whats going on.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    akacakac Posts: 512member
    1) General activity plus Safari

2) Mail and iCal

3) Video, iTunes, all graphics apps, TextMate, and Transmit

4) VMWare
  • Reply 4 of 7
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    I've been playing with spaces and I wish that when you hit the Apple-Arrow key which brings up the little space window that shows how many spaces you have, each of those little spaces showed you a miniature picture of the actual desktops for each space. This way you could more easily see where you wanted to arrow to.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    filburtfilburt Posts: 398member
    1. Main: Adium X, Firefox, iTunes, etc.

2. Address Book, iCal, Mail

3. Work: Aperture, Final Cuts Studio, iWork, Microsoft Office, Quicken, Xcode

4. Safari
  • Reply 6 of 7
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    1. FCP

2. Soundtrack pro

3. safari

4. itunes, mail
  • Reply 7 of 7
    smaxsmax Posts: 361member
    I have 2 spaces, and usually I jsut stick to one. The only time I really have used #2 is whenever I'm shuffling around a ton of Excel spreadsheets and Word documents for a lab.