Leopard Update for $9.95 Backordered

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Finally was able to get telephone confirmation that my order for an update was accepted (webpage still says "Rejected"). Apparently, I left out my cc number. But I promptly supplied the missing info and for over a week my online inquiry still said rejected. So I called today and was told the order was approved, but they don't have the disc in stock to ship to me

Are other members hearing that there is a supply shortage of upgrade discs??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bassesq View Post

Finally was able to get telephone confirmation that my order for an update was accepted (webpage still says "Rejected"). Apparently, I left out my cc number. But I promptly supplied the missing info and for over a week my online inquiry still said rejected. So I called today and was told the order was approved, but they don't have the disc in stock to ship to me

Are other members hearing that there is a supply shortage of upgrade discs??

Let's assume they stamped out 4 million copies. We know they stamped more than 2 million since that was the recorded sales figure combined.

If they are "out" that means the next batch will all be stamped at once and thus distributed to their retail stores, the Best Buys, CompUSAs, etc., and of course online orders from the Apple Store.

I'd be worried if they had plenty in stock.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I just ordered my update for the 9.99 two days agao and it has already shipped