headsets for iPhone

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I'm having trouble hearing music and phone calls through the standard headset that comes with iPhone and was wondering if anyone has had any positive results with other headsets that still have the built-in microphone/controller that comes with apple's headset. The cause of my problem is probably Manhattan and/or loss of hearing resulting from years on this noisy island.

Perhaps there is a noise cancelling or in-ear headset that works well?\

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    taskisstaskiss Posts: 1,212member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AugustWest View Post

I'm having trouble hearing music and phone calls through the standard headset that comes with iPhone and was wondering if anyone has had any positive results with other headsets that still have the built-in microphone/controller that comes with apple's headset. The cause of my problem is probably Manhattan and/or loss of hearing resulting from years on this noisy island.

Well, the 1.1.1 update increased the possible volume as I understand it...

However, if you don't have good results with the in-ear headphones I'm thinking you'll not have luck with other devices. I have the Jawbone in-ear bluetooth that uses noise canceling on outgoing transmissions but not incoming. The person I'm talking to has a great, clear signal (without all the noise from things going on around me) but I still hear the same thing I would from the Apple 'phones.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AugustWest View Post

yeah,the noise is really a headache,but it seems difficult to overcome it ,good luck
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I have the Vibe V-moda Duos, and I like them a lot. The buds are canal style and sound pretty decent.

They have a mic with a call button just like the factory apple headset. The only difference is no bleeding from the ears. There are several earpiece sizes, and the cords are fabric which is a nice touch. You can take some model airplane paint, like I did, and paint the textured metal black so you don't look quite so blingin' fresh fly or whatever the kids say. Get off my lawn!

Anyway, they are $100 at the Apple Store and well worth it in my opinion.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    tomkarltomkarl Posts: 239member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Peterson View Post

Get off my lawn!