Vanishing thread

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
A couple of days ago, I started a new thread about how to get the video card you want in an iMac. I had overheard two techs discussing it at work.

The thread vanished. I did a search and it's not there. What would cause that to happen?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

A couple of days ago, I started a new thread about how to get the video card you want in an iMac. I had overheard two techs discussing it at work.

The thread vanished. I did a search and it's not there. What would cause that to happen?

Forums aren't perfect. There's no conspiracy. I would be interested to hear about this myself, although personally I think the stock card is fine for everyone except hardcore gamers. If there's a way to replace the vid card in the iMac, I suppose then it's a fine machine for those types, too.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

Forums aren't perfect. There's no conspiracy. I would be interested to hear about this myself, although personally I think the stock card is fine for everyone except hardcore gamers. If there's a way to replace the vid card in the iMac, I suppose then it's a fine machine for those types, too.

I wasn't insinuating there was a conspiracy. I probably did something incorrectly that made it happen. I just don't know what. I'd like to know, so I don't do it again.

As far as the conversation I overheard, one tech mentioned to the other one that he wasn't satisfied with the stock card offered, so instead of using the online "build it yourself' site, he called direct and had a different card installed. I imagine he meant he called Apple correct, but I had to leave and didn't have the chance to butt into the conversation and ask him.

I just wondered if anyone else had tried this.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

Maybe this means you can put the 24" iMac GPU custom build into the 20" iMac?