"yellowing" issue on white MB still an issue? + RAM opinion

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi everyone,

I will buy a new SR MB monday but I'm still not sure if I will buy the white or black one

the reason for my doubt is the "yellowing" issue on the trackpad and place where you rest your wrists on the white macbook that I read about a lot

My question: is this still an issue or did apple resolve this in the new product line? I know this topic has been discussed a lot but I don't seem to find more recent info about this..

is it really this hard to keep the white one clean?

I really don't feel like paying 200? more just for the black color...

btw I'll go for the 1GB option and then update is myself with some crucial RAM (look at the price difference for 4GB! )

anyone had a good or bad experience with this? I don't see any real good reason for buying the RAM from apple! Or am I wrong?

thanks a lot for your help!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Yellowing is no longer an issue. Your sweaty hands is though... You need to get a decent keyboard/ palmrest protector and all will be good with the white MacBook.

Make sure it is the "Santa Rosa" models when you get your white MacBook.

Black is very nice and very cosmetically maintenance-free, honestly.

RAM just make sure you get same brand same spec two 2gb sticks.

With Apple RAM just remember everything is 100% percent covered by AppleCare/ Apple support for 1 to 3 years. Third party RAM check the warranty and warranty claiming on that if you are outside the USA.

Enjoy.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Yellowing is no longer an issue. Your sweaty hands is though... You need to get a decent keyboard/ palmrest protector and all will be good with the white MacBook.

Make sure it is the "Santa Rosa" models when you get your white MacBook.

Black is very nice and very cosmetically maintenance-free, honestly.

RAM just make sure you get same brand same spec two 2gb sticks.

With Apple RAM just remember everything is 100% percent covered by AppleCare/ Apple support for 1 to 3 years. Third party RAM check the warranty and warranty claiming on that if you are outside the USA.

Enjoy.

thanks a lot man!! the perfect answer