iTunes quits while using Safari

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I have searched and I'm sorry if this is redundant. When using Safari, sometimes (especially when I double click the screen to enlarge, it seems) my iTunes will just stop playing. I don't know if it's something that I'm doing wrong, if there's a simple solution, or nobody knows, but I figured I'd ask.

Anyone else dealing with this? It is getting to be pretty frustrating.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    The more and more I read about the iPhone the more glitches I find out about. Maybe it's just your phone and not in every iPhone..
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Peterson View Post

I have searched and I'm sorry if this is redundant. When using Safari, sometimes (especially when I double click the screen to enlarge, it seems) my iTunes will just stop playing. I don't know if it's something that I'm doing wrong, if there's a simple solution, or nobody knows, but I figured I'd ask.

Anyone else dealing with this? It is getting to be pretty frustrating.

I have had exactly the same issue. In fact, it repeatedly happened just yesterday, when I was on a bus trip.

However, it happens only when I am on EDGE or GPRS, not when I am on wifi.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coolg35748 View Post

The more and more I read about the iPhone the more glitches I find out about.

Umm... what do you expect in forums like these: For someone to post at the end of a typical iPhone-use-day saying, for instance, "Today, I used my iPhone and did not encounter any problems." ?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

The more and more I read about the iPhone the more glitches I find out about. Maybe it's just your phone and not in every iPhone..

That must be pretty annoying for you. I think I have a similar issue: it hurts when I punch myself in the face. Any suggestions?

Quote:

However, it happens only when I am on EDGE or GPRS, not when I am on wifi.

But are you on EDGE because of iTunes quitting, or were you on EDGE already? Kind of a chicken/egg issue I guess ... OK, sorry. I haven't encountered this issue on WiFi, but I only surf and listen to music at the same time when I'm on the train, so it's always the EDGE network.

I'm going to try and ask someone from Apple, so I'll keep ya'll posted if I figure anything out. I appreciate the responses. Even the mind boggling one.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Peterson View Post

But are you on EDGE because of iTunes quitting, or were you on EDGE already?

On EDGE already, which is typically the case when in a bus or train or taxi.

Has not happened (so far) when I have had a good wifi signal.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Power cycle your iPhone. It takes care of most little glitches.