ipod touch screens

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Is the screen on the ipod touch the same as the iphone? All the early reports said the ipod touch screen wasn't as good as the iphones, but that was before the ipod touch screen issues were resolved. Thanks.

Opus

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by opus View Post

Is the screen on the ipod touch the same as the iphone? All the early reports said the ipod touch screen wasn't as good as the iphones, but that was before the ipod touch screen issues were resolved. Thanks.

Opus

there's already been posts like this. it is the same. it is glass. it is exactly the same.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    opusopus Posts: 15member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

there's already been posts like this. it is the same. it is glass. it is exactly the same.

Thank you. I looked for a post before I asked and even tried a search. Thanks again.

opus
  • Reply 3 of 11
    but will the next iPod Touch would have a speaker?
  • Reply 4 of 11
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macbee View Post

but will the next iPod Touch would have a speaker?

I've always wondered that - it's so useful if you want to let a group of people listen to a song or audio recording. It could be embarrassing I guess if you're listening to some inappropriate music and your headphone pops out. Imagine a guy running along the beach with his Nike kit and his headphone come out and it's playing 'it's raining men' or something.

Plus the speaker would use up some space in the device and maybe weigh it down a bit.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by opus View Post

Thank you. I looked for a post before I asked and even tried a search. Thanks again.

opus

Rich-Myster dismissed your post too quickly. It may or may not be physically exactly the same, but there were definitely problems with the iPod touch screen. I know that the issue was addressed, but I don't know if it is now exactly the same as the iPhone, because there were reports that it still was not as good. I have one, and it seems fine to me, but I haven't directly compared it to an iPhone.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

I've always wondered that - it's so useful if you want to let a group of people listen to a song or audio recording. It could be embarrassing I guess if you're listening to some inappropriate music and your headphone pops out. Imagine a guy running along the beach with his Nike kit and his headphone come out and it's playing 'it's raining men' or something.

Plus the speaker would use up some space in the device and maybe weigh it down a bit.

i don't think it'd be too hard to get a speaker in there. they already have some type of speaker in there that can play alarms and stuff. doesn't seem to work for me, but the preview for the alarm noise works.
  • Reply 7 of 11

your case is pretty interesting.

but sometimes it'll be a good time to share with people around.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Perfectly good song IMO or are you saying gay guys can't use Apple products?
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Walter Slocombe View Post

i was singing that song at work yesterday ( UPS truck loader) and my fellow employees were disgusted by the gayness of the song haha. So i continued.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Walter Slocombe View Post

If the latter was true then I wouldn't have an iPod

Anyway...I would have liked to see the Touch have a speaker, I'm still going to buy one regardless of whether it does or doesn't, though. Maybe it's something Apple could work on for the 2G Touch.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Definately, Companies want to resolve the problems of the existing system in the new Ipods. So, They may resolve the speakers problem in the next ipod.