New AOL for Jaguar

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Just thought I'd let anyone who cares....AOL has just released there latest version built for Jaguar. Didn't see it on the apple site yet, but aol itself was showing it. Haven't gotten much of chance to play with it yet...but it updates the menus to be more aqualike. Also...email now supports HTML. the Buddy list is updated now to be more AIM like also.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    AOL for OS X version 2 or whatever it is has been out for a while now.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    rhoqrhoq Posts: 190member
    AOL 10.2

Sure it looks nice, but it's still AOL!!!
  • Reply 3 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by Rhoq:

<strong>AOL 10.2

Sure it looks nice, but it's still AOL!!!</strong><hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 4 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by Rhoq:

<strong>AOL 10.2

Sure it looks nice, but it's still AOL!!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

it doesn't look nice...it looks aweful! they don't get Aqua at all. it looks more like something that should be on Windows XP.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Actually, that IS the XP version. AOL 8.0 for PC is due out this month and it actually looks just like 10.2 for Mac (but the XP version is a bit nicer, ironically).

AOL always ported the PC version GUI over to Mac (for the most part). I guess they don't want to spend the cash to make two unique GUIs. Or, maybe they feel that they NEED to keep the GUI as a familiar face for those who can not handle change or are too stupid (they wouldn't want to loose any of their 100 billion members).

Why AOL (and other companies) name their software versions to match the OS version is beyond me. I mean, just call it AOL (for) Jaguar or something.

But, as mentioned - it's still AOL so it still sucks!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by neurokid:

<strong>

it doesn't look nice...it looks aweful! they don't get Aqua at all. it looks more like something that should be on Windows XP.</strong><hr></blockquote>

It's not the best looking but it really isn't that bad. I like it much more than the old AOL interface.