Bootcamp beta on Tiger

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hello everyone.

i was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience using the bootcamp beta on tiger since the release of 10.5.... I know that people who have already setup a bootcamp partition will continue to work. but rumor is that the bootcamp utility will no longer work (and create new paritions) on tiger. is that true?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    I can say a week before Leopard come out I went into the Bootcamp Utility on my Tiger MBP and it would not even let me delete the partion so I could reclaim the space. Since VMWare has came on the scene (and Parallels has stepped it up), I have no need for Bootcamp. It still booted up into Windows, but that was it.

So, I would guess they are trying to leverage more sales of Leopard and have froze the status of your Bootcamp setup using Tiger.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    I've was tinkering with the Bootcamp beta a fair bit yesterday. I decided to nuke my Vista partition and make a new one using XP instead.

It works the same as it allways did.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yama View Post

I've was tinkering with the Bootcamp beta a fair bit yesterday. I decided to nuke my Vista partition and make a new one using XP instead.

It works the same as it allways did.

what exact I'd are you running? 10.4.10?
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Mac OS X 10.4.10.

My copy of the Bootcamp beta is quite capable of deleting and creating new partitions.

edit: I only downloaded and installed Bootcamp about a month ago though. Maybe there is a time limit since it was installed? Or maybe I'm just lucky?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    I just booted into a Tiger machine here at work and I get the same message that BootCamp has expired. Weird!
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Could it be because I'm using a later version of Bootcamp? I've got it listed as version 1.4, which I believe was the last beta Apple released before it became 2.0 in Leopard.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Probably, but since Apple has announced Bootcamp for Tiger ends on Dec. 31 of this year, it doesn't matter. They are "encouraging"

an upgrade to Leopard.