My New Aluminum iMac Experience

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gastroboy View Post

Hardly. Most of the reviewers just do hagiographies of Apple and its offspring.

MacWorld USA has made no mention of it and from previous experience, to mention anything negative, especially well founded, in the forums is to get kicked and have the thread napalmed.

Not talking MacWorld...what about PC Mag, Computerworld, CNET,...Consumer Reports?? none of them???
  • Reply 42 of 47
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gastroboy View Post

What they took away was the out-of-box dual monitor support.

Or, another less cynical way of looking at it...

Apple stopped forcing all of it's customers to buy multi-monitor support.

The primary reason for the decline in multiple monitor usage (if there even was one) was the decreased price of a single but large display.
  • Reply 43 of 47
    rokkenrokken Posts: 236member
    received my imac this afternoon and no freezes etc. so far. everything is running pretty smooth. unfortunately no leopard is included and i have to wait 1 more week for it :S
  • Reply 44 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rokken View Post

received my imac this afternoon and no freezes etc. so far. everything is running pretty smooth. unfortunately no leopard is included and i have to wait 1 more week for it :S

Maybe the lack of Leopard is working for you.

How is the monitor?
  • Reply 45 of 47
    rokkenrokken Posts: 236member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sammy Davis View Post

Maybe the lack of Leopard is working for you.

How is the monitor?

As I said before, running without a tiny problem or maybe just I dont know how to find them out
  • Reply 46 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post

What else do you expect from a cheap TN panel?

I wouldn't expect a "cheap TN panel" at all. Where does Apple ever say there's a "cheap TN panel" in their new iMacs? Apple would have you believe the screen is great, and only if you do some extended research will you discover it's a piece of crap. That's unacceptable.

Quote:

The glossy widescreen display ? available in 20- and 24-inch sizes ? makes photos and movies come alive with rich color.

Your photos, movies, and games will come to life in rich, vivid color thanks to the new glossy widescreen display on every iMac.

Typical viewing angle

20-inch models: 160° horizontal, 160° vertical

• Reply 47 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

Or, another less cynical way of looking at it...

Apple stopped forcing all of it's customers to buy multi-monitor support.

The primary reason for the decline in multiple monitor usage (if there even was one) was the decreased price of a single but large display.

WOW!!!! What double speak. Do you work for the "Ministry of Truth"?

...and I'm cynical?

When exactly did it deliver this price cut commensurate with the dramatic reduction in features?

That was when I bought my first PC because the price gap between the Macs and PCs had grown so large it was no contest.

btw The PC which was less than 2/3rds the cost of the Mac did come with multiple monitor support as did virtually every PC of the time.

I'm not sure how much it cost Apple to disable it on the cards for the Macs but they sure as hell built that into their price!

It took a lot of research to make the Mac incompatible with the enormous number of PC video cards available that cost less than half of that for the very few that would work with a Mac. To compound the dilemma most Mac users found themselves in, each new model's video cards were incompatible with the previous models, so you couldn't even move old cards up into new machines.