What does your desktop look like?

Comments

• Reply 61 of 94
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spinnerlys View Post

. Icons on desktop swept away with DesktopSweeper.

Thanks for the DeskSweeper info. I downloaded it and got rid of a messy desktop. There is one negative aspect. I understand that stuff on the desktop uses computer resources and, in the past, I've tried to move stuff off. Being lazy, I probably will just 'sweep' it off.

I emailed DeskSweeper and asked them about resources usage and got this answer back:

Subject: Re: DeskSweeper

Date: \t November 4, 2007 1:30:44 PM EST

\t

Hello,

DesktopSweeper hides the icons by moving them offscreen, but they're still loaded. Therefore the resources usage don't change.

Best regards,

Philippe Martin

-----------------------

I would like to find out more good applets and tried to get a thread (General Discussion) started where AI members could share info like fixes, applets, etc. Got no action.
  • Reply 62 of 94
    Honestly, if you upload a lot of pics to websites .Mac web gallery is pretty hard to beat. I've had years of pain with Photobucket, Flickr, ImageShack, even PicasaWeb...

Anyways, back to the fun stuff... There was a thread about http://www.maxthemes.com/guistuff/?g...k%20Separators

You can see the subtle (or not so subtle???) difference below now in my desktop. Kinda cool, not sure if I will keep it that way... Heh

• Reply 63 of 94
    __mø that's pretty cool. very fractal. like it's probably some rock/sulfur/thingy but looks like it could be an entire landscape.
  • Reply 64 of 94
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Honestly, if you upload a lot of pics to websites .Mac web gallery is pretty hard to beat. I've had years of pain with Photobucket, Flickr, ImageShack, even PicasaWeb...

Anyways, back to the fun stuff... There was a thread about http://www.maxthemes.com/guistuff/?g...k%20Separators

You can see the subtle (or not so subtle???) difference below now in my desktop. Kinda cool, not sure if I will keep it that way... Heh

it looks better like that.
  • Reply 65 of 94

simple, elegant, and to the point.
  • Reply 66 of 94
    Quote:

Transparency-modified Dock. Now *that's* glass.

WOW thats an amazing pic!
  • Reply 67 of 94
    Heres the one I'm using currently, but I can't for the life of me remember where I got it from

• Reply 68 of 94
    muazmuaz Posts: 1member
    Hi, This post of mine is very knowledgable and may enhance the information of the viewers , however I would like some specific information for myself. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,
  • Reply 69 of 94
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Moved my .Mac web gallery around. Here's the new image link below. Enjoy. As always, Vladstudio.com the image credit.

• Reply 70 of 94
    nvidia, are you signed up as a member of vladstudios? because i don't see the watermark anywhere
  • Reply 71 of 94
    There are free downloads of the wallpapers there, but they're not optimum quality widescreen. However, they look fine on my Macbook when centering them.
  • Reply 72 of 94
    this is mine

thats the ibiza suntset by the way love that place. upgrading to leopard tomorrow, maybe thursday, all depends on the nice people working the for royal mail and amazon.
  • Reply 73 of 94
    smeesmee Posts: 195member
    Quote:

Moved my .Mac web gallery around. Here's the new image link below. Enjoy. As always, Vladstudio.com the image credit.

How did you get the spaces between your dock icons?
  • Reply 74 of 94
    @_@ artman@_@ artman Posts: 5,231member

Found it on the Intertubes a few years ago. It was a series of fashion editorial shots that were then enhanced in Photoshop by the photographer.
  • Reply 75 of 94
    smeesmee Posts: 195member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Found it on the Intertubes a few years ago. It was a series of fashion editorial shots that were then enhanced in Photoshop by the photographer.

Your image didn't come up.
  • Reply 76 of 94
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smee View Post

Your image didn't come up.

I got it. Nice.
  • Reply 77 of 94
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Models are crappy shots.
  • Reply 78 of 94
  • Reply 79 of 94
  • Reply 80 of 94
    __mo__mo Posts: 32member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iamjustin View Post

beautiful