Apple set to begin testing of Mac OS X 10.5.1 Leopard, more...

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by marcfiszman View Post

New Spaces preference in 10.5.1: Metaview

http://odelbee.com/2007/11/06/new-sp...1051-metaview/

Metaview ??!

Could mean a few things. A carrousel mode of some sort maybe ? Or it could mean that it's still visible on the backgound ?

Oh well ...

Nice to see that Apple still adds some new features and refinements
  • Reply 42 of 47
    A carousel mode in Spaces would look cool. Not sure if I'd use it. Having an F-key set to trigger the virtual desktops works pretty slick.
  • Reply 43 of 47
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    My dog just died. 24" iMac under Leopard screen-brightness was too bright, even a zero brightness. DO YOU HEAR ME APPLE!!!!!!!

(and no, my dog didn't die, but I bet it got your attention )

Seriously though, WFT is going on with the screen brightness? Way too bright at "ZERO BRIGHTNESS!!!!!"
  • Reply 44 of 47
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theGAR View Post

Metaview ??!

Could mean a few things. A carrousel mode of some sort maybe ? Or it could mean that it's still visible on the backgound ?

Maybe it just refers to whether the birds eye view where you see all the spaces side-by-side is enabled or not (guessing).
  • Reply 45 of 47
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

24" iMac under Leopard screen-brightness was too bright, even a zero brightness.

Almost all new LCDs are too bright at minimum brightness. It's probably the limitation in dimming fluorescents, not software. If you raise the top level brightness, the minimum brightness has to go up too. Hopefully that will change with LED backlighting, which can be dimmed the whole range, rather than something like 60% of max to 100% brigthness.
  • Reply 46 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Charel View Post

I do hope they fix the DVD Player in Leopard soon.

It blocks and refuses to play disks properly. It cannot find the subtitles to show, and when you try to open features the pulldown window blocks with a turning fire ball and leaves you no option but to pull the plug and start from scratch.

I wonder if it is my problem or Apple's.

I agree that the DVD Player needs some fixing. On an iMac 24" that I installed Leopard from scratch on (erase and install) it crashed after 30 seconds and on the MBP I have it managed to freeze the entire system. Couldn't force quit or move cursor.
  • Reply 47 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by VL-Tone View Post

There's one thing that I hope that they'll "fix" soon, maybe not in 10.5.1 but hopefully before 10.6.

While Spotlight in 10.5 is much quicker and more powerful thanks to the boolean operators and other new features, there's a big problem in the result windows: you only get the "name", "kind" and "last opened" columns, and there's no way to change that! I assume that they simply didn't have the time to add that functionality before shipping the big cat, but I sure hope that they plan on adding it.

This is really the only thing that bothers me in Leopard, I'm loving everything else.

I thought this was just me missing something ! I have tried to add the size column and failed miserably - how can they have missed this ???