"Server Busy"

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Well, good!

I'm happy I caught you guys. I'm just surprised it wasn't noticed by someone from the site.

Honestly, I didn't a single issue trying to browse/post/login/etc.

I'd definitely have started the ball rolling on sourcing the problem earlier, if I had.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mkbhatia View Post

Ok, we tracked down the issue to a unsecure mail form/script on Kasper's team that was trying to deliver 127K spam messages on each machine. While that was most of it, we are continuing to monitor things and make additional optimizations.

On the plus side, we also implemented some other new optimizations (gzip, memcached) that should help speed of everything.

Thanks for your responses and help.

Server response time is still very slow.

It often takes 15-20 seconds for a new thread to load and show.

I noticed this repeatedely today.

-t
  • Reply 23 of 26
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,310moderator
    I got the message again today about 5 hours ago and it lasted about 10-15 minutes. Lost a post because of it, fortunately a short one.

I typed the post, hit preview, I got server busy. If I hit back, that post is gone (I did today but usually I leave it) as I get another server busy message. However, if I wait until the server is free by refreshing another thread, hitting back gives me my post again.

So, if you post and get this message, just leave the thread, open a new tab and check to see if AI is freed up, then hit back on your thread post.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

I got the message again today about 5 hours ago and it lasted about 10-15 minutes. Lost a post because of it, fortunately a short one.

I typed the post, hit preview, I got server busy. If I hit back, that post is gone (I did today but usually I leave it) as I get another server busy message. However, if I wait until the server is free by refreshing another thread, hitting back gives me my post again.

So, if you post and get this message, just leave the thread, open a new tab and check to see if AI is freed up, then hit back on your thread post.

That's what I was doing, except that I don't like tabs, so I open a window instead.

But, sometimes the post actually would go through, even though the post is still there in the posting window. When that happens, and you attempt the post again, you find that it was already posted.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Uh oh!

I just got a "Server is too busy" notice again.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...9&goto=newpost