Front Row tip - 1 step back to desktop

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Maybe someone has heard of this, but it was a cool discovery for me.

One of the things I always disliked about Front Row was how, once you got to the media you wanted, backing out was a long series of back-clicks of the menu button to get back to the base menu and finally back to the desktop. Just now I was setting up some music in FR and for some reason hit CMD-Tab - Voila! FR does its patented fadeout and I'm instantly back to the desktop! FR just got 100% more useful to me! Hope this helps someone.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Not to rain on your parade but you could do that in the old front row. As a matter of fact, it could be done by pressing any key.

I share your feelings though, it was nice when i noticed that and enjoyed front row more after that. The less clicks the better.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by barimzi View Post

Not to rain on your parade but you could do that in the old front row. As a matter of fact, it could be done by pressing any key.

I share your feelings though, it was nice when i noticed that and enjoyed front row more after that. The less clicks the better.

Ya lives and ya learns
  • Reply 3 of 6
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    You can press any key lol

(except esc)
  • Reply 4 of 6
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    Huh? I don't have an "any" key!
  • Reply 5 of 6
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galley View Post

Huh? I don't have an "any" key!

Oddly enough my front door key didn't work either.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    command-alt-escape is even better as you don't even get the animation. Can't get much more instant than that.