On Startup, after the Grey Apple sign, theres no Aqua Blue Loading Bar??

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I get the startup chime, the grey apple sign (with the round loading thing), then instead of an aqua Loading bar which is supposed to say "Loading Mac OS X", I get a Light Blue screen and then the Accounts I can log into?

It used to have the aqua loading bar but now it doesn't?

The OS works fine, but I just don't know why it stopped show this.

(I'm running Leopard)

Thanks!

Parker

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I think that's gone in Leopard. Logging out, and logging in is way quicker in Leo., at least it feels that way.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    smeesmee Posts: 195member
    Ok,

I thought I saw it before, but maybe I didn't.

And yes, startup and login logout are way faster

Thanks!
  • Reply 3 of 7
    ak1808ak1808 Posts: 108member
    The loading bar was fake only anyway. It was a "placebo" loading bar that just sweetend the waiting time.

No the waiting time got so tiny on modern systems, it wasn't necessary anymore.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,310moderator
    I wish they used the bar instead of the spinning circle though. A circle gives you no feedback about loading progress and the bar looks so much nicer.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    smeesmee Posts: 195member
    I still wish it had the loading bar after the grey apple though.

Because now I just get a long pause with a blue screen, which kinda looks dumb.

I mean, It's apple they can do better.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

I wish they used the bar instead of the spinning circle though. A circle gives you no feedback about loading progress and the bar looks so much nicer.

But the bar doesn't give you any actual feedback about loading progress either, it's just an animation and doesn't represent anything. I agree that it does look better though, fake or not.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,310moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

But the bar doesn't give you any actual feedback about loading progress either, it's just an animation and doesn't represent anything. I agree that it does look better though, fake or not.

I think it did give a little bit of feedback. If you play the animation in the Finder, it is a continuous animation but at startup, it jumps to certain points and shows text underneath at each stage e.g network initialization so it's as if they had steps that corresponded to various loading stages. It wouldn't be exact of course but it should give you an idea how far the loading steps have reached. A spinning circle has nothing at all.