Back to my Mac

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Has anyone actually gotten this to work? I cannot access my home computer despite having done everything listed in Apple's support documents.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    physguyphysguy Posts: 920member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by southerndoc View Post

Has anyone actually gotten this to work? I cannot access my home computer despite having done everything listed in Apple's support documents.

Where do you find the support documents? I'd like to try this.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Works as advertised in my house. It is one of the best new features of Leopard. Simply awesome.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kcmac View Post

Works as advertised in my house. It is one of the best new features of Leopard. Simply awesome.

It seems like it would be awesome if I could get it to work. Someone suggested I log out of .Mac and then log back in through the system preferences .Mac settings. I'll try that when I return home from my trip.

What kind of router do you use? I have an Airport Extreme that has NAT remapping enabled.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I've got a Belkin wireless N router with a Core Duo iMac and a Core Duo Macbook. They see each other and operate just fine together with BtmM at home and at work.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by grahamw View Post

I've got a Belkin wireless N router with a Core Duo iMac and a Core Duo Macbook. They see each other and operate just fine together with BtmM at home and at work.

I found a solution ... I have a Belkin router, too, and have struggled with Back to my Mac not working when I'm OUTSIDE the house, but does when I'm INSIDE. To correct the problem and connect from the outside world, you have to go to your router's administrative page (probably 192.168.2.1) and click System Settings on the left. Then, enable UPnP. Be sure to apply the settings. That fixes it.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I've had no problem getting it to work at home, i.e., both Macs on my home network. I haven't tested it from a hotspot yet. It is currently not working from my office because of our firewalls. I'd love to know what port(s) Back to my Mac uses so I could rig up a port forwarding solution to deal with the "tech support" questions I get from home every now and then.

... WkH