deauthorizing iTunes from 5 computers

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I searched and found a thread, but it doesn't give the answer.......perhaps you can. Apparently, I have bought my 6th Apple computer on which I was using iTunes. Consequently, when I attempt to access iTunes I am told that the computer is not authorized. I am not sure what the other 6 are (perhaps the iPhone counts), but I want to get my access back. How can I DEAUTHORIZE ALL MY COMPUTERS so that I can bring the ones I want authorized back. I find the "deauthorize this computer" under store on iTunes, but not the total deauthorize.

And, while we are at it, does the iPhone count? Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Authorization and Deauthorization article from Apple. The iPhone and iPods do not count.

Quote:

Make sure you deauthorize your computer before you upgrade your RAM, hard disk or other system components, or reinstall Windows.

• Reply 2 of 5
    Well, that was easy. Thank you so much. I appreciate your help............
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

So unfortunately if your hard drive crashes (as mine did recently) you're fucked.

No - more like "slightly inconvenienced" IF and when you hit your 6th authorization.

In that case, you'll have to do the Deauthorize All routine, and then re-authorize each computer you're actually using.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

No - more like "slightly inconvenienced" IF and when you hit your 6th authorization.

In that case, you'll have to do the Deauthorize All routine, and then re-authorize each computer you're actually using.

Yes, I agree. But remember that you can "Deauthorize All" only once per year.

Link

Quote:

Note: You may only use this feature once per year. The Deauthorize All button will not appear if you have fewer than 5 authorized computers or if you have used this option within the last 12 months.