Leopard Hints Website

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hello, I've started an all new website dedicated to Leopard.

It's 100 % free and user-friendly, lots of screenshots to help beginners and advanced users, links to the best freewares and sharewares for leopard..lots of hints and tricks, very well explained and daily updated ( I post a new hint everyday ), I hope you will appreciate it, I tried to do my best

Enjoy !

http://www.easyleopard.com

All your opinions will be very much appreciated

I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my link (google ads only for hosting the website, no commercial purposes).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    Looks nice; the content is evidently in elementary stages. I predict it will attract quite a few users if you clean it up a little bit. I noticed a few spelling and grammar errors, but overall it looks good.

BTW, I find Google text-based ads to be unobtrusive, they're fine.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    Thank you very much for your advice

All grammatical and spelling errors have been corrected !
  • Reply 3 of 18
    Hello,

All grammatical and spelling errors have been corrected
  • Reply 4 of 18
    When I first saw this I thought to myself "oh no... not another poorly designed iWeb site" but I must say it looks rather nice. The layout is such that even beginners should be able to follow along. Just keep the grammer and spelling errors down to a minimum, and verify your code so that the pages load quickly and are cross browser friendly, and I'd say you'll have a hit on your hands. Very well done. Thanks for starting this project
  • Reply 5 of 18
    nice site. keep up the good work. will visit back from time to time
  • Reply 6 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EasyLeopard View Post

Hello, I've started an all new website dedicated to Leopard.

It's 100 % free and user-friendly, lots of screenshots to help beginners and advanced users, links to the best freewares and sharewares for leopard..lots of hints and tricks, very well explained and daily updated ( I post a new hint everyday ), I hope you will appreciate it, I tried to do my best

Enjoy !

http://www.easyleopard.com

All your opinions will be very much appreciated

I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my link (google ads only for hosting the website, no commercial purposes).

and also if you hold Shift then press F12 the Dock moves onto the screen slowly.

and if you hold "Alt", "Apple", "Ctrl" then press 8 the screen inverts all colours. in panther or tiger so i dont see why it cannot be in leopard.

i really wanted a list of these useless things because my fiend owns a MBP and i want to "play" around with the useless things

I Like the website. Its a pitty the google ads are in the middle. can you move them to the top? or bottem?

~Regards

Name101
  • Reply 7 of 18
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Notice when a little effort is used it's suddenly not spam, same goes for this site. It looks nice, good job.
  • Reply 8 of 18
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Very nice.

A little creative criticism:

Quote: "If, like me, you have tons of applications, and you don't have a 30' screen, your Dock probably looks crowded and smallish.

\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tWith Leopard, you can now add folders to the Dock."

\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t

This is not true. The ability to add folders to the Dock isn't a Leopard only feature. That has been a feature in OS X since day one.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    I think they are referring to Stacks, but your point is well noted and they should probably re-word it a little...
  • Reply 10 of 18
    I think the site is great. Only had my macbook a few months, but am a bit of a geeky techy so figured out loads of stuff. Reading the stuff on the site told me so much more. I love it. Had no idea about using quicklook for slideshow. Still the odd grammatical error though, but who cares. It's a great site.

A big thanks to name101 for the inverted colours thing. Am using it now, it is so much nicer on the eyes than the normal colours, and it looks cool. It is in Leopard btw, that's what i'm using.
  • Reply 11 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by adjei7 View Post

A big thanks to name101 for the inverted colours thing. Am using it now, it is so much nicer on the eyes than the normal colours, and it looks cool. It is in Leopard btw, that's what i'm using.

hehe no problem.

Found this out by mashing buttons! took hours to figure out what I had done
  • Reply 12 of 18
    You are perfectly right ! We will change the sentence on tomorrow"s update :-)

[/I] \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t

This is not true. The ability to add folders to the Dock isn't a Leopard only feature. That has been a feature in OS X since day one.[/QUOTE]
  • Reply 13 of 18
    Same for me, the first time I had "Voice over on" and my computer started to talk to me

( Cmd+F5)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Name101 View Post

hehe no problem.

Found this out by mashing buttons! took hours to figure out what I had done

• Reply 14 of 18
    You should add bins to your site as a download! It was on a forum last night. Heres an article with a link-http://t.ecksdee.org/post/19001860
  • Reply 15 of 18
    I wish I could download it, but "The data transfer limit has been exceeded due to high traffic. If you own this page, go to Account Settings and click Details to learn more."

If you have the time, please send it to : [email protected] , we'd love to see it
  • Reply 16 of 18
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Name101 View Post

and if you hold "Alt", "Apple", "Ctrl" then press 8 the screen inverts all colours. in panther or tiger so i dont see why it cannot be in leopard.

Blacktree's Nocturne.app is much more versatile than the OS' internal feature, btw.
    Quote:

I Like the website. Its a pitty the google ads are in the middle. can you move them to the top? or bottem?

Seconded. AI's ads are invisible in comparison.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    Showing the keyboard keys is a nice touch, especially for beginners coming from the peecee world
  • Reply 18 of 18
    Said user has been posting this site in multiple Mac boards spamming them.

Booo

I am all for regulars posting sites that they might have started. But for someone to register to a bunch of Mac sites JUST TO promote his webpage, which does make revenue and ask for donations is basically SPAM.

He'll deny it though.