Apple updates Final Cut Studio, iPhoto, Pro Apps and Panther security

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Alongside Mac OS X 10.4.11 Update, Apple on Wednesday also unleashed nearly a dozen other software updates targeting the various components of Final Cut Studio, iLife 08's iPhoto application, Pro Applications, and Mac OS X 10.3 Panther security.

Final Cut Pro 6.0.2

Final Cut Pro 6.0.2 [38MB] addresses specific customer issues and general performance issues, improves overall stability, and supports compatibility for additional video devices.

The update is recommended for all Final Cut Pro 6 users. Apple provides more detailed information about this release in these release notes.

Color 1.0.2

Color 1.0.2 [79.8MB] addresses specific customer issues and general performance issues and improves overall stability.

The update is recommended for all Color 1.0 and 1.0.1 users. Apple provides more detailed information about this release in these release notes.

Motion 3.0.2

Motion 3.0.2 [20.6MB] software update addresses specific customer issues and general performance issues, and improves overall stability.

This update is recommended for all Motion 3 users. Apple provides more detailed information about this release in these release notes.

DVD Studio Pro 4.2.1

DVD Studio Pro 4.2.1 [11.9MB] addresses specific customer issues, compatibility issues, and general performance issues and improves overall stability.

This update is recommended for all DVD Studio Pro 4.2 users. Apple provides more detailed information about this release in these release notes.

Soundtrack Pro 2.0.2

Soundtrack Pro 2.0.2 [70MB] addresses specific customer issues and general performance issues and improves overall stability.

This update is recommended for all Soundtrack Pro 2 users. Apple provides more detailed information about this release in these release notes.

Cinema Tools 4.0.1

Cinema Tools 4.0.1 [10MB] addresses specific customer issues, general performance issues and improves overall stability.

This update is recommended for all users of Cinema Tools 4.0 or later. Apple provides more detailed information about this release in these release notes.

Compressor 3.0.2

Compressor 3.0.2 and Apple Qmaster 3.0.2 [95.5MB] address specific customer issues and compatibility issues.

This update is recommended for all users of Compressor and Apple Qmaster versions 3.0 or later.

For more information about Compressor 3.0.2, see these release notes.

For more information about Apple Qmaster 3.0.2, see these release notes.

iPhoto 7.1.1

iPhoto 7.1.1 [9.3MB] supports compatibility with Mac OS X 10.5, improves overall stability, and addresses a number of other minor issues.

Pro Applications Update 2007-02

Pro Application Update 2007-02 [8.8MB] includes fixes to underlying frameworks and shared components for the updated Final Cut Studio 2 applications.

Apple provides more detailed information about this release in these release notes.

Security Update 2007-008 (10.3.9 Client)

Security Update 2007-008 [49MB] is recommended for all Panther users and improves the security of the following components: AppleRAID, bind, CoreFoundation, Flash Player Plug-in, and Foundation.

For detailed information on this update, please see this tech note.

Security Update 2007-008 (10.3.9 Server)

Security Update 2007-008 [63.4MB] is recommended for all Panther servers and improves the security of the following components: AppleRAID, bind, CoreFoundation, Flash Player Plug-in, and Foundation.

For detailed information on this update, please see this tech note.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Nice to see...so where's Logic 8.0.1? That app needs help too...
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I just performed the update, and where Soundtrack Pro worked this morning, now it has choppy playback. Haven't delved into FCP or the rest of the Production Studio yet. And, yes, I've checked my word clock / sample rate / hardware settings.

Anybody else experiencing strange performance, post-update?

-g
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1013media View Post

I just performed the update, and where Soundtrack Pro worked this morning, now it has choppy playback. Haven't delved into FCP or the rest of the Production Studio yet. And, yes, I've checked my word clock / sample rate / hardware settings.

Anybody else experiencing strange performance, post-update?

-g

On Leopard I was getting choppy playback on STP 2.0.1. I haven't checked how it works on Leopard yet, but I'm hoping the update fixes that.