Comments

• Reply 21 of 102
    Yes refering to the iMac freezing issue
  • Reply 22 of 102
    lantznlantzn Posts: 240member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alienzed View Post

What freezing issue?

Did this make anyone's computer explode?

No they just dropped to below 32F.
  • Reply 23 of 102
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by polar315 View Post

Yes refering to the iMac freezing issue

This seems to be a complex issue. apple has released more than one update for this.

Try looking here for more info:

http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/

But, now there is a claim that it may be a hardware issue.
  • Reply 24 of 102
    crebcreb Posts: 276member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sc_markt View Post

I noticed that when I ran repair permissions, I got a lot of errors that have been reported by other users on Apple's forums.

Anybody else see them?

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....41488&tstart=0

Yep, got them all. Now where do I pickup my prize? I laughed when DU said it had "Less than a minute to repair permissions," when it results in more than ten minutes. Looks like Apple has to go back to the drawing board; not very comforting for the end user.

Looks like DU gets a DUI (Disk Utilities Incapacitated).
  • Reply 25 of 102
    kd86kd86 Posts: 42member
    I just noticed the iTunes UI is now consistent with Leopard (the faded border when it's inactive). I hadn't updated to 7.5 until just now so I'm not sure if that came in 7.5 or if that came with the 10.5.1 update. Anyone know?
  • Reply 26 of 102
    crees!crees! Posts: 501member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sc_markt View Post

I noticed that when I ran repair permissions, I got a lot of errors that have been reported by other users on Apple's forums.

Anybody else see them?

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....41488&tstart=0

There is no need to repair permissions unless you're trying to diagnose a problem.
  • Reply 27 of 102
    smeesmee Posts: 195member
    I just walked one of my friends through the updating process, and had him check for another update after that (he's got one of the new iMacs) and he said there are no more updates, just the Mac OS X 10.5.1 update.

What I mean is, there are no other updates for the iMacs that have to do with the freezing.
  • Reply 28 of 102
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CREB View Post

I laughed when DU said it had "Less than a minute to repair permissions," when it results in more than ten minutes.

I had the same experience.

All in all (including bugs), I am still loving the OS more than any other OS Apple has released. Best OS ever in my opinion...
  • Reply 29 of 102
    Apple have also released a patch for the ATI card in the new iMac: "Updates the graphics firmware on the ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro to improve system stability."

Link: http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/
  • Reply 30 of 102
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crees! View Post

There is no need to repair permissions unless you're trying to diagnose a problem.

I don't believe that it really hurts anything. We suggest that you run Disk Repair prior to updating the OS and/or applications as well, particularly if you have moved something.

I just did it before this update and found a number of fixes.
  • Reply 31 of 102
    rokkenrokken Posts: 236member
    I haven't seen myself in any troubles since updating to Leopard, but this update gets my iMac running more smoothly than before
  • Reply 32 of 102
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

I don't believe that it really hurts anything. We suggest that you run Disk Repair prior to updating the OS and/or applications as well, particularly if you have moved something.

When you say "we", who do you mean, because Apples support pages suggest that you DON'T unless you are experiencing difficulty.
  • Reply 33 of 102
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hdasmith View Post

When you say "we", who do you mean, because Apples support pages suggest that you DON'T unless you are experiencing difficulty.

I do it whenever I add an app, update an app, and do any Apple updates.

Can you supply a link to that Apple support page?
  • Reply 34 of 102
    eluardeluard Posts: 319member
    You know ? every once in a while I'd like to hear, instead of all the whining and complaining (less here than on Mac Rumours, I must say) someone give out a sincere, heartfelt thanks to all the software programmers who must have been working incredibly long hours to get all these updates out the door so quickly.

Thanks guys, you've done an incredible job.
  • Reply 35 of 102
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    The issue with the database.sqlite3 files appearing in the Trash seems to still be an issue.
  • Reply 36 of 102
    ak1808ak1808 Posts: 108member
    MacBook CoreDuo, updated without any issues.
  • Reply 37 of 102
    ak1808ak1808 Posts: 108member
    Quote:

Repairing disk permissions is pure voodoo.

"We" suggest to drink a sip of water, burn a match, blow it out and touch the ground before running an update.

Just to be in peace with the four elements, you know...
  • Reply 38 of 102
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alienzed View Post

What freezing issue?

Did this make anyone's computer explode?

No , but it gets real cold ,,.. lol
  • Reply 39 of 102
    I installed the update and it seemed to be working fine. I went and watched TV, and when i came back, i woke it up, and it was frozen! The weird thing is that i don't have an aluminum iMac, its one of the white ones! This never happened before, only now after the update. Also, try putting iTunes into the mini mode were it stays on top of all the windows, and go into time machine. It stays on top in tm.
  • Reply 40 of 102
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

I've recommended it as well, but was plastered here for saying it.