New Hardware on the Way?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I remember that a while back one reliable indicator of new hardware was the release of updates by Apple. I can't remember why this was the case(the updates are necessary to support the new HW?) or find the thread but it was a good predictor of new hardware.

Now that Apple have released a slew of updates to software is new hardware coming? I hope someone who's been here a while will remember this and chime in.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    you probably are right, but there is no sign that indicates apple will release any new HW soon. Some news say that Intel will release 45 nm CPU this month, maybe Mac Pro is on the way. But I am waiting for the new Apple Cinema Display, so I hope the new coming HW is mac pro and/or ACD before Christmas.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    ah the "rongold theory", is it not?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sennen View Post

ah the "rongold theory", is it not?

I think that's who it was. I knew someone would remember.

He was pretty good at calling new HW releases IIRC.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    backtomac whatever u said true, but this time around there is not any machine to update except mac pro, mac pro NOT happening now, mostly on MWSF with gMac as well
  • Reply 5 of 6
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    After some of the problems reported with apps and computers involved with Leopard, and not involving Leopard I'm not sure many of these updates are anything other than compatibility updates that Apple was having problems readying at an earlier date.

A lot of updates were expected long ago, and some of the others are primarily Leopard fixes. Anything is possible. Preferably I would like to see a Mac Pro now being that I have money, but after the graphics issues with iMacs, and intel having troubles with Nvidia chips in their chipsets, I think I would rather Apple waited and got it right with Nvidia first. Because the other option is ATI, and they are definitely way behind Nvidia in graphics technology right now, and will probably remain there until the sands of Egypt turn to water.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Onlooker,

The new ATI cards may not be too bad. Put one of these and a penryn in the iMac and I think you got the makings of a nice machine. I'm still wary of the current iMacs with the freezing issues. I hope they're resolved but I probably would wait for the next revision before getting one.