UT2004 can't install

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
When I enter the CD Key for Unreal Tournament 2004 the installer crashes. I have never been able to get pass the entering of the CD key. YES I have a legit copy, key and CD.

After I type in the CD key and hit enter, the Installer crashes.

I'm running 10.5.1 (couldn't install on 10.5 either) on an alum. iMac.

Anyone have any ideas or know how to get around this issue?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,323moderator
    Does the crash come up with a dialog that allows you to see a report? There are also log files in /library/logs and /Users/<name>/library/logs (the UT2k4 one will likely be in the latter folder).

If there's no information about what's causing the crash, the best place to sort it out would be the support forum for the game.

This thread might help you out though:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=377618
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Does the crash come up with a dialog that allows you to see a report? There are also log files in /library/logs and /Users/<name>/library/logs (the UT2k4 one will likely be in the latter folder).

I am allowed to send a report, but I don't how to read any of that stuff that comes up. Anything in particular I should look for?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    in order to update the game i have to have it installed. i have no idea whats wrong.

hmm.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Thanks for your help. That link sent me in the right direction. There was an updated version of the installer, the crash was fairly common.

All fixed. Thread=done.