where can I download a stand-alone version of SAFARI 3?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
After upgrading Mac OS X last Wednesday, SAFARI doesn't connect anymore.

In other forums, they recommended downloading a stand-alone version of SAFARI 3 for MacOS X. But APPLE does not provide a stand-alone version for download!!!

Therefore, can anyone provide me with it for download via LimeWire or Cabos?

I don't think this would constitute a criminal act since a functioning SAFARI is part of my legally owned MacOS X but APPLE hasn't come up with a solution for the mess they have created with their premature update package.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anmading View Post

In other forums, they recommended downloading a stand-alone version of SAFARI 3 for MacOS X. But APPLE does not provide a stand-alone version for download!!!

I don't think this would constitute a criminal act since a functioning SAFARI is part of my legally owned MacOS X but APPLE hasn't come up with a solution for the mess they have created with their premature update package.

Pardon? what are you going about? are you running 10.4? 10.5? no use screaming without any information accompanying the post.

Btw, read ESR's 'how to ask a question'.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Good point, I only see a download for Windows.

http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

I know Safari 3 is only compatible with 10.4 and above and since I'm running 10.3.9 it could very be that it does not give me the opinion. What version of OS X are you running?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iPeon View Post

Good point, I only see a download for Windows.

http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

I know Safari 3 is only compatible with 10.4 and above and since I'm running 10.3.9 it could very be that it does not give me the opinion. What version of OS X are you running?

Thanks a lot for trying tom help me and sorry for the late reply.

Well, I'm running version 10.4.11, to be very exact. So, it should not be a problem, right?

Does anyone have another idea? Or does anyone know how to get to APPLE customer service directly? After all, THEY should try to solve the problem they have created with this update. SORRY, all you APPLE BELIEVERS/PROTECTORS out there, but what would you do if you had your car in the garage for maintenance and after that, an important function of your car doesn't work anymore? Comparison acceptable?\
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kaiwai View Post

Pardon? what are you going about? are you running 10.4? 10.5? no use screaming without any information accompanying the post.

Btw, read ESR's 'how to ask a question'.

Thanks for bringing the version thing to my attention. I'm running 10.4.11.

Btw, what are ESR's and where can I read them?

And: was there anything wrong with my asking a question?

As to "screaming": I don't hear any screaming in my post! Does anyone else???

One more thing:

SORRY, all you APPLE BELIEVERS/PROTECTORS out there, but what would you do if you had your car in the garage for maintenance and after that, an important function of your car doesn't work anymore? Comparison acceptable?\
  • Reply 5 of 7
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

As to "screaming": I don't hear any screaming in my post! Does anyone else???

Writing in upper case is considered screaming on the Internet. To emphasize, you can use bold/italics/underline, or you can enclose words in characters such as *asterisks*, /slahes/ or _underlines_.

ESR's "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way" can be found here.

To answer your question: 10.4.11 ships with Safari 3. If Safari is broken for you, what you want to do is download and run the 10.4.11 combo update:

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...updateppc.html for PowerPC

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...eintel.htmlfor Intel.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    really? you are giving him a hard time because he used a few caps? for gods sake there were a few words.

and all they were asking for was a link to a stand alone download. how much information do you need to answer such a simple question?

and what genius at mac decided you must go through auto update to download the newest version of safari?

what if you dont have safari on your computer any more, and you dont have your backup discs with you..

its a free program, why are they making life so difficult??!?!

dont get me wrong. i love my mac. and pretty much everything the company does.

but seriously> what were they trying to accomplish, all they needed to do was put a link for mac users.

AND ITS WORTH SCREAMING ABOUT BECAUSE ITS TOTALLY RIDICULOUS!!
  • Reply 7 of 7
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

If you updated your browser and now nothing works, then odds are that the update reset network settings in the browser, did you have some sort of proxy or something that may have been disabled?