My new desk ...

steste
Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
... comes with a disturbing warning!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    very glassy. I like it, but it would have a hard time fitting-in with my very un-modern apartment.

Where did you buy?
  • Reply 2 of 18
    steste Posts: 119member
    It was actually a donation from my girlfriend's home office to mine; the result of a solid afternoon's furniture switching/cursing session. She's had it a while, so can't remember where she got it.

It's by far the most modern piece of furniture in our house, and doesn't really fit with the rest of the decor. That said, it suits my all-aluminium Mac setup a lot better than the Dell across the hall! (Hence the joke about the sticker.)
  • Reply 3 of 18
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Hey -- don't try to split wood on that either, or use it for time travel. Too chancy.

Nice setup, BTW.
  • Reply 4 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmz View Post

Hey -- don't try to split wood on that either, or use it for time travel. Too chancy.

You made me laugh. I salute you.
  • Reply 5 of 18
    You need wireless keyboard and mouse. Apple kind.
  • Reply 6 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

You need wireless keyboard and mouse. Apple kind.

No, I dont!

I would buy the wireless keyboard in a second, but the lack of a numeric keypad is a deal-breaker for me. I'm an accountant -- accomplished in 10-key -- and while I don't use my Mac for work, I find the 1 through 0 row unusable for all but the most basic entries.

As for the Mighty Mouse, I've tried it and I don't like it. It's too big for my hand, and the scroll ball is just horrible to use. I'll stick with my Logitech V320, thanks very much.
  • Reply 7 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ste View Post

As for the Mighty Mouse, I've tried it and I don't like it. It's too big for my hand, and the scroll ball is just horrible to use. I'll stick with my Logitech V320, thanks very much.

I agree with the part about the scroller: it also gets gummed-up easily. But the mighty mouse is smaller than your pictured mouse, so I don't quite understand what you're getting at about it being too large. I'm tempted to buy a logitech bluetooth mouse. I forget what the model is, but it's small and simple, with bluetooth. However, the reason is not because the mighty mouse is too big.
  • Reply 8 of 18
    Maybe it's the shape, but the Mighty Mouse certainly feels bigger in my hand, and, as a result, more cumbersome. Maybe it's wider? As a rule, I prefer smaller mice. I like my mice like I like my women: small and simple, with two buttons. (Just a joke, Golden Gala.)

The Logitech pictured is a good deal smaller than the average desktop mouse. I agree, though, it does look large in the picture. It's marketed as a laptop mouse, whatever difference that makes. It's not Bluetooth, but that's okay -- it was only $30. The stubby little wireless antenna sits neatly in the USB port underneath the right-hand side of my keyboard.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ste View Post

As a rule, I prefer smaller mice. I like my mice like I like my women: small and simple, with two buttons. (Just a joke, Golden Gala.)

True. You're probably right about not wanting your women like the Mighty Mouse.

I wouldn't want my woman's balls getting constantly gummed up either...
  • Reply 10 of 18
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    I looked at mice in Best Buy.

Don't know if I can justify one given how useful two-fingered scrolling is and how I don't really need a mouse for word processing and things of that nature. But a nice wireless one would definitely be cool to have. As far as desks are concerned, nothing works better for me than than a nice 60 inch long plastic table from Wal-Mart or someplace. Gets the job done without fuss.
  • Reply 11 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

True. You're probably right about not wanting your women like the Mighty Mouse.

I wouldn't want my woman's balls getting constantly gummed up either...

Your woman has balls?
  • Reply 12 of 18
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member

He opened himself up for that one.

Big time.
  • Reply 13 of 18
    Smut-monkeys, the lot of you!
  • Reply 14 of 18
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

He opened himself up for that one.

Big time.

That's what she said.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    This is like the second time in a month I can't think of any comeback...

This sucks.
  • Reply 16 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

This is like the second time in a month I can't think of any comeback...

This sucks.

You could say that your girl is, in fact, a trans-sexual. That would definitely pull it all together.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    Yeah, I thought about pulling Shawn's mother into the whole discussion but I promised myself not to stoop that low.

I have morals, you know...
  • Reply 18 of 18
    smeesmee Posts: 195member
    Wow guys, wow....