4 gig Ipod Nano question

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'm new to ipods, I have this nano about a week. I downloaded a movie but can't play it on my portable DVD (Phillips DCP850) which has an ipod dock. I read that I need to change a setting to "TV on." Would appreciate if someone tell me the path to that setting. Thank you.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    VIDEOS>SETTINGS>TV OUT> on or off

below that you might want to adjust TV SIGNAL to PAL to NTSC

I assume thats the info you are looking for?

PS. Congrats on the new nano and welcome to the board
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Thanks so much. That's exactly what I needed to know. The Nano is now playing the movie in my portable DVD player.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Walter Slocombe View Post

VIDEOS>SETTINGS>TV OUT> on or off

below that you might want to adjust TV SIGNAL to PAL to NTSC

I assume thats the info you are looking for?

PS. Congrats on the new nano and welcome to the board

• Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bill_O View Post

Thanks so much. That's exactly what I needed to know. The Nano is now playing the movie in my portable DVD player.

Excellent!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Is that the new nano that you have? And it is compatible with the Philips DCP 850? I'm trying to find out whether they are compatible as I'm looking at buying the 850.

Thanks.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Sorry for the delay. I do have the new Nano, 4gig and the Philips DCP 850. They work together (using the settings given in this thread) very well. It was the only thing that kept me sane when I flew on American - your lucky we let you buy a ticket - airlines.

Bill

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ipodlover50 View Post

Is that the new nano that you have? And it is compatible with the Philips DCP 850? I'm trying to find out whether they are compatible as I'm looking at buying the 850.

Thanks.

• Reply 6 of 7
    My friend has the video nano with the Philips DCP50 and changed the settings per this thread, but he still can't get it to play video. Is there something we're missing? Do we have to attach a cable or something? Or is it really as simple as putting the nano in the dock and changing the setting? Please help!
  • Reply 7 of 7
    I changed the settings as described above on my Nano and the videos play fine on the DCP 850.