MacBook - Keyboard problem

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi All,

I have been having a problem with my keyboard on my MacBook (white - 2.2GHz). From time to time it just decides not to work and I have to close the lid and re-logon, then it works normally. I got it just about a week ago but, I transferred all my setting and files from my old iMac (well, not that old - Core2Duo 2.6GHz).

Is that something that could be sorted by re-setting the preferences or something?

Clearly, this is some software bug, cos the keyboard works perfectly when it does work.

Could anyone shed me some light about what I should do and if this is some common problem?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I just got my Macbook last week and am having the same problem. I did a fresh install and only have added a few Leopard approved application.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Hi abc2030,

I have noticed we are not the only ones with this problem and I guess our only hope is to wait until Apple admits Leopard is bugged and decides to have a look at this and FIX IT!!!!!!! Grrrr
  • Reply 3 of 6
    cubecube Posts: 142member
    I have a macbook pro 15" newest model, and I have the same keyboard trouble after upgrading to Leopard.

The keyboard just stops working, and then starts to work again all the time.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I too have the same problem. with my new macbook 2.2 (white)

i've noticed that using the remote control allows me to use the keyboard again.

any suggestions to what i should do?

cheers
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Hi all...

I dunno what happened, I reinstalled everything (clean install) and the problem is gone... My keyboard works just fine and hasn't stopped a single time.

So, I really don't know what to advise here...
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Advise exactly what you did. A good Archive and Install is often all you need to clear up little quirks like that.