What would you like to see in future Macbooks?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 53
    I think when Apple uses Samsung latest flashdrive, the MBP will be very light and powerful
  • Reply 22 of 53
    mcarlingmcarling Posts: 1,106member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wheelhot View Post

I think when Apple uses Samsung latest flashdrive, the MBP will be very light and powerful

Unfortunately, solid-state laptop drives are now limited to 64GB, which recently started shipping. I don't think Apple will offer them in the MBP until 128GB drives ship in the second half of next year. The 64GB drives will probably ship only in an ultra-portable.
  • Reply 23 of 53
    samnuvasamnuva Posts: 225member
    People.. Be reallistic. The graphics Card on the Macbook is normal for a entry-level laptop. you're not going to get a 150< MB in an Macbook until the macbook pro is at least 512 MB, if not 756 MB
  • Reply 24 of 53
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Samnuva View Post

People.. Be reallistic. The graphics Card on the Macbook is normal for a entry-level laptop. you're not going to get a 150< MB in an Macbook until the macbook pro is at least 512 MB, if not 756 MB

More of a reason to drop the "Pro" moniker and merge the two product lines. Make the new MacBooks 13", 15" & 17", give them a new nice keyboard, a refreshed allu form-factor, and make them all, even the 13", configurable to high heaven.

That would just make too much sense though wouldn't it Apple?
  • Reply 25 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KennyWRX View Post

Nobody is forcing to read this... much less reply. Same thing goes for the MBP tread.

Some people actually enjoy brainstorming about future hardware revs.

As an engineer I brainstorm.

This isn't brainstorming.

Brainstorming considers the Design constraints, Heat constraints, production availability now and on the horizon, business constraints, etc.

This is circle jerking to hoping we develop an ultra hip laptop so I can keep up with the Jones's discussion.
  • Reply 26 of 53
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    -Low end dedicated graphics chipset (ie Radeon Mobility HD 2400 or Geforce 8400G/GS)

-Superdrive standard on all models. The Macbook is the only system above $400 that comes standard with a combo drive.

These aren't low end systems.
  • Reply 27 of 53
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    led backlight

fingerprint reader

mbp-use express slot for ssd add on

16+ x superdrive

power cord on either side or on back middle

better battery
  • Reply 28 of 53
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

led backlight

fingerprint reader

mbp-use express slot for ssd add on

16+ x superdrive

power cord on either side or on back middle

better battery

Uh, the 16x superdrive is a desktop unit which is thicker than the Macbook. On top of that, Apple uses the super slim 9.5mm drives instead of the normal 12.7mm notebook drives.
  • Reply 29 of 53
    I voted for more media ports. As a musician, I couldn't give a monkey's about graphics but now that the Macbook has 4GB RAM I'd say it's pretty much kicking arse as a portable recording solution, especially when you consider how cheap Logic Express and Studio are now.

That's why I placed my order for a maxed out MB last week!

But a Firewire 800 port would be nice.
  • Reply 30 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by I am a human View Post

I voted for more media ports. As a musician, I couldn't give a monkey's about graphics but now that the Macbook has 4GB RAM I'd say it's pretty much kicking arse as a portable recording solution, especially when you consider how cheap Logic Express and Studio are now.

That's why I placed my order for a maxed out MB last week!

But a Firewire 800 port would be nice.

When I voted, I was thinking the same thing. I've put a number of bands on the road with MBP's to catch live off the mixer, sequencing for various things, drummers love to use them for triggering their midi, etc. But it's a bit expensive/overkill with what's in them. MB's can be used now but with hubs (which is a pain when touring, one more thing to lose/get tangled/get stepped on) -- so the extra ports: very good for being on-the-road.
  • Reply 31 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

As an engineer I brainstorm.

This isn't brainstorming.

Brainstorming considers the Design constraints, Heat constraints, production availability now and on the horizon, business constraints, etc.

This is circle jerking to hoping we develop an ultra hip laptop so I can keep up with the Jones's discussion.

No offense but thats very narrow-minded as not everyone has the same type of job. Anything that exercises your mind with the purpose of generating ideas = Brainstorming.
  • Reply 32 of 53
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    1) cooler

2) smaller

3) lighter
  • Reply 33 of 53
    Just faster Quad-core CPU. I would like to completely replace desktops with portables. Perhaps, this maybe a wish list for intel but not for mbp.
  • Reply 34 of 53
    1. A full DVI port not some crappy mini-DVI port.

2. Dedicated graphics
  • Reply 35 of 53
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

-Low end dedicated graphics chipset (ie Radeon Mobility HD 2400 or Geforce 8400G/GS)

-Superdrive standard on all models. The Macbook is the only system above $400 that comes standard with a combo drive.

These aren't low end systems.

DING DING DING

Well, I don't personally care about the optical drive but I agree with the rationale.

I don't even necessarily want to play any game on the MB. I do want the graphics to not be crap. The GMA 950 can't handle the new visualizations in iTunes. Expose is choppy with it. X3100 is such a small step forward that Apple didn't even make a peep when they replaced the 950 with it.

Apple was right back in iBook times when they made fun of computers using integrated VRAM. It is an okay solution for uses where you want maximal battery life and your OS and apps have little use for graphics acceleration. Great for my friend's ultraportable Thinkpad which he uses for doing software development in fullscreen terminal apps in Ubuntu. A general purpose, family computer running OS X and media apps deserves better.
  • Reply 36 of 53
    1liter

2more hardrive space

3faster

4 graphics
  • Reply 37 of 53
    For me the most important is dedicated graphics. At the price you are paying for MacBook, they should at least give a dedicated graphic card and most people buy Apple cuz they want to use it for graphic usage.
  • Reply 38 of 53
    Uh...Blu-Ray? You said future and I really don't care about anything else...I want Blu-Ray.
  • Reply 39 of 53
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DGMVW View Post

Uh...Blu-Ray? You said future and I really don't care about anything else...I want Blu-Ray.

When do you want Blu-Ray? And for what size MacBook would you want it for?
  • Reply 40 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DGMVW View Post

Not coming Apple's notebooks any time soon unfortunately. They made the decision to go with 9.7mm drives for ultra-portables instead of regular 12.7mm notebook drives. In fact there is a slot loading Blu-ray drive already on the market. Dell uses it in the XPS one.