Quick Question: Can/does iPhone keyboard change orientation?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Does anybody know if you can change the keyboard orientation so that it's landscape and bigger?

I've played with it several times and noticed that it was only available in one direction.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sc_markt View Post

Does anybody know if you can change the keyboard orientation so that it's landscape and bigger?

I've played with it several times and noticed that it was only available in one direction.

You can when you're in Safari, but, inexplicably, that's the only app Apple saw fit to enable landscape mode for the keyboard.

Hopefully this will be addressed in a software update, at some point.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ...possibly when 3rd party apps allow someone else to fix it.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

You can when you're in Safari, but, inexplicably, that's the only app Apple saw fit to enable landscape mode for the keyboard.

Hopefully this will be addressed in a software update, at some point.

Wow, it seems obvious to me that it would be easier to type if the keypad was in landscape mode. I hope that this is fixed like you suggest in a future software update.

Thanks for the response.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sc_markt View Post

Wow, it seems obvious to me that it would be easier to type if the keypad was in landscape mode. I hope that this is fixed like you suggest in a future software update.

Thanks for the response.

Yeah, it's mystifying-- Safari, not much typing required, a lot to see on the screen: landscape keyboard. Messaging or note taking, all typing, not much to see on the screen: portrait only.

I have no idea why Apple thinks that that's a good idea.