anyone knows when will the intel new 45nm processor be available?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
It is already end of Nov and the new processor is still under cover. So when we can see the new Mac Pro?

I am actually waiting for the new Apple Cinema Display and I think it will coming out with new Mac Pro, so this is the reason I am concerning about the date for 45nm processor.

Hope somebody can give some inform.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Dude there are already three to four threads about the Mac Pro. Why are you starting another one? It's totally unnecessary.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

Dude there are already three to four threads about the Mac Pro. Why are you starting another one? It's totally unnecessary.

What I concern is only the date and other threads are all changing to discuss the tech spec.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chinese_ys View Post

What I concern is only the date and other threads are all changing to discuss the tech spec.

The Intel proc. that could be used in new Mac Pros (Xeons 5400 series) are already available: http://www.intel.com/technology/quad...rver/index.htm

When Apple will announce new Mac Pros is up to them, some people expect them before Xmas, other think they will be announced at MWSF 2008 (mid-january).

Those infos have been discussed on other threads, but I'm in a good mood today.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    mcarlingmcarling Posts: 1,106member
    Apple need to build up some stock before making their announcement. Also, the Mac Pro doesn't get a lot of holiday season sales and corporate computer purchases are slow in December. If the announcement is only at MWSF, they will be ready for immediate shipment. I suspect the Mac Pro announcement will be this year.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Several stores are selling the Mac Pros with rebates, which could be a sign of upgrades. At Amazon, there is a 3-5 week wait for the 8-cores, which points to a December release, but who knows where Apple is concerned, it could be delayed even further, into a 2008 release.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    I am still hopeful of a 2007 release, but it all depends of what Apple intent the MacPro to have. If it is a complete redesign of the enclosure and ACDs. it might make sense to have it at MWSF for maximum impact. Also there is speculation of shortage of chips from Intel now. If that's the case then having it later in January makes more sense.

On the other hand if Apple will keep the same design and the chips are here, I would suspect they would quiet announce it soon and leave MWSF for other rumored products like the ultra-portable and possibly iPhone and AppleTV updates.

So at this point nobody knows. We are just speculating and both sides have a good arguments to make. I guess the only thing we can do is wait, unfortunately.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    "Maximum impact" is the key with this release. Apple is more popular than ever, and that is why it will be an all new design, and lots of other things to draw attention to Apple goodness. New ACD's with built in cameras, and Apples best ever offering of video cards will make it their year. I wouldn't be surprised to see a mid sized desktop introduced also. Apple will kill in desktop sales above all competitors.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    buddhabuddha Posts: 386member
    My guess would be January. I really really really hope that the new graphics cards can be used in the current Mac Pro models - I really want to update my x1900 XT. If anyone has any insight on that feel free to share.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

"Maximum impact" is the key with this release. Apple is more popular than ever, and that is why it will be an all new design, and lots of other things to draw attention to Apple goodness. New ACD's with built in cameras, and Apples best ever offering of video cards will make it their year. I wouldn't be surprised to see a mid sized desktop introduced also. Apple will kill in desktop sales above all competitors.

about 40 days to go!
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by buddha View Post

My guess would be January. I really really really hope that the new graphics cards can be used in the current Mac Pro models - I really want to update my x1900 XT. If anyone has any insight on that feel free to share.

If the Mac Pro doesn't already have PCIe 2.0 then I am expecting the updated Mac Pro to have it. I believe PCIe 1.x cards will work in PCIe 2.0 slots, but I am not sure about the other way around. It has been almost 16 months since the Mac Pro was introduced, and not updated, so Apple has to "bring it" when they update the Mac Pro. I do not consider offering quad-core processors an update because the system was not updated.

eSATA looks like a good feature to include in the Mac Pro. Apple can replace the FireWire400 on the back with eSATA and leave the FireWire400 connection on the front so people can import their video.