Illustrator 10 is the slowest app EVER!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I never had a problem with OS X performance until I ran this complete POS!

Thank God I'm a FH user by default! Illustrator 10 is... I'm going to use this word for the first time... UNUSABLE!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Make sure you have 10.0.3. 10.0 is crap. The newest version works fine for me on both machines, and is just as fast as in OS 9.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    I have the exact same setup, tonton. Although slow AI (adobe illustrator) is quite usable on my machine. Even with larger files. And I have none of the OS-slowdown effects you talk about.

How much memory do you have? Maybe you should try a re-install...
  • Reply 3 of 8
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I'm on a G3 400MHz with 384MB of ram, and its not slow for me at all, it runs just fine. OK ok its a little slower then other apps, but for a graphical app with my processor it runs just fine, no large delays or anything, doesn't slow down my system...are you sure your mac likes you?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    reidreid Posts: 190member
    Sure, it's slow. But at least it crashes a lot.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I'm using it at home CONSTANTLY with an 800MHz SuperDrive iMac and at work on a 700MHz eMac (640MB RAM).

At work I'm running OS 9.2.2 and (as of tonight...woohoo!) and running Jaguar. I'm happy with both, but it's certainly not as snappy as Illustrator 8 or 9 running on OS 9 is.

It'll get there.

However, it's all very stable and I do notice a HUGE improvement in 10.0.3. If you're using Illustrator 10, you must download this update.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Surely it can't be as slow as Adobe Premiere 6.5 can it? That thing is a dog on my DP GHz.