new limewire

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi....just downloaded latest version of limewire 2.7. I have also recently updated OSX to 10.2.2. Anyhow...when i click on the install button for limewire nothing happens.....i got rid of the older version of limewire as i was notified that i must upgrade.....any ideas as to why i am not able to install.....thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Download Acquisition. Get it <a href="http://versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=15375&db=mac"; target="_blank">here</a>

Much better than Limewire.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    No it's not.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99:

<strong>No it's not.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes it is. Limewire's the slowest piece of shit I've ever used.

Edit: Actually VPC's slower than Limewire on my iBook.

[ 11-14-2002: Message edited by: EmAn ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 11
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    actually im' having a problem with limewire, everytime i start it i have to go through the setup and select my download folder...its always done this for me, even on my g4...any suggestions?

the new one is actually not bad at all, before this version i agreed with you...well i havn't used it for a while but i just have and on a 400MHz g3, its just fine.

[ 11-14-2002: Message edited by: ast3r3x ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 11
    another recommendation for acquisition. it had problems with memory leaks and slowdowns w/ lots of simultaneous downloads, but the latest verion addresses a lot of that. it's still not done, but it's at least as good as limewire and it looks a lot better too.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by ast3r3x:

<strong>actually im' having a problem with limewire, everytime i start it i have to go through the setup and select my download folder...its always done this for me, even on my g4...any suggestions?

the new one is actually not bad at all, before this version i agreed with you...well i havn't used it for a while but i just have and on a 400MHz g3, its just fine.

[ 11-14-2002: Message edited by: ast3r3x ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

I have the same stupid problem.

• Reply 7 of 11
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    [quote]Originally posted by hotboxd:

<strong>another recommendation for acquisition. it had problems with memory leaks and slowdowns w/ lots of simultaneous downloads, but the latest verion addresses a lot of that. it's still not done, but it's at least as good as limewire and it looks a lot better too.</strong><hr></blockquote>

yeah, i'm not saying LW is better then acquisition, there is no way, but they both have their advantages...for mp3z i use acquisition
  • Reply 8 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>Download Acquisition. Get it <a href="http://versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=15375&db=mac"; target="_blank">here</a>

Much better than Limewire.</strong><hr></blockquote>

If that's great software I must be doing something wrong. It finds enough within seconds but then it never downloads anything. It tries to connect - switches to waiting and that's it. Nothing happens for hours and hours.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by macfenian:

<strong>

If that's great software I must be doing something wrong. It finds enough within seconds but then it never downloads anything. It tries to connect - switches to waiting and that's it. Nothing happens for hours and hours.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't know, I get that problem once in a while but most of the time everything downloads fine.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Acquisition never, EVER returns, finds, or downloads ANYTHING! It's just awful ( at least for me it is). Every time I go and give it another try I just wind up exiting the program agitated.

LimeWire may be ugly, bloated and a bit buggy, but it ALWAYS finds what I am looking for quickly AND successfully downloads it. If items are 'qued' forever, I just leave it running overnight and sure enough the files I wanted are in my download folder the next morning. I've not tried the latest release, I have to check it out.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    4 Simple Steps to Acquisition Goodness?

1. Pref&gt;Network: Make sure you connect to maximum number of hosts (20 for cable or dsl)

2. Pref&gt;Download: Make sure you have a big enough maximum number of simultaneous downloads. (I have 110 since sometimes I just click freely)

3. Make sure you organize your searches within a particular topic by the "SPEED" of host. If it's not there by default, select it in the 3-dotted list item menu. You'll find that you can often download more reliably off higher speed hosts.

4. Similarly, organizing your results by the number of "HOSTS" and selecting those with the most number of hosts can often do the job.