Introducing Molly

Comments

• Reply 41 of 135
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crazychester View Post

Um sequitur, my comment was a joke. Hence the laughing smiling. But don't worry. I understand. You're American.

(I'll just walk away while that one drops like a lead balloon......)

Anyway, midwinter, what about the Bubble Buddy Bubble Machine? You're not depriving poor Molly are you?

I understood you were joking (smiley face) and didn't write my reply to you. I wrote the post to midwinter because I didn't want him to think I meant something else.

I have been shot down enough times that now I try very hard to be civil and non-confrontational. That's why I'm not responding to your anti-American comment. Not all of us are dense.
  • Reply 42 of 135
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sequitur View Post

That's why I'm not responding to your anti-American comment. Not all of us are dense.

I think what you meant to say here is "Wait a minute Chester! You know I'm a peaceful man!"
  • Reply 43 of 135
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

I think what you meant to say here is "Wait a minute Chester! You know I'm a peaceful man!"

Right on. Pax vobiscum.
  • Reply 44 of 135

Post-spay.
  • Reply 45 of 135
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    She's turning into one fine looking bitch.

With respect.
  • Reply 46 of 135
    Bob says he doesn't like it when the human uses the flash either.

Oh and he sends his commiserations about the (ahem) <discreetly>bucket thing.</discreetly>
  • Reply 47 of 135
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Um sequitur, my comment was a joke. Hence the laughing smiling. But don't worry. I understand. You're American.

(I'll just walk away while that one drops like a lead balloon......)

Anyway, midwinter, what about the Bubble Buddy Bubble Machine? You're not depriving poor Molly are you?

You're not just depriving Molly, you're depriving us-- we need first hand accounts of a border collie herding bacon flavored bubbles.
  • Reply 48 of 135
    Oh, and dude? This right here?

Quote:

Is a ravening hell hound. Might be Molly's little friend, and all, but soon enough it will take your organs.
  • Reply 49 of 135
    Also, the bottom of your cupboards need cleaning.

Just being helpful in case you and Mrs midwinter hadn't noticed.
  • Reply 50 of 135
    Quote:

Also, the bottom of your cupboards need cleaning.

Just being helpful in case you and Mrs midwinter hadn't noticed.

pre-thanksgiving cleaning....
  • Reply 51 of 135
    izzy says hi

• Reply 52 of 135
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MaverickSVT View Post

izzy says hi

I didn't think they allowed dogs that cute in Oklahoma.
  • Reply 53 of 135
    Molly vs the Snow. From Saturday.

• Reply 54 of 135
    Bob tore a cruciate ligament on the weekend. He goes under the knife on Friday.
  • Reply 55 of 135
    Oh no! A friend of ours has two enormous labs, and about 8 months ago, one of them tore the Harry Potter ligament, too. 8 weeks without any sudden movement.

And then, a few weeks ago, the other one tore the Harry Potter ligament, too.

Not fun.
  • Reply 56 of 135
    [QUOTE=midwinter;1178016]
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MaverickSVT View Post

izzy says hi

I didn't think they allowed dogs that cute in Oklahoma.

Ok?....
  • Reply 57 of 135
    [QUOTE=MaverickSVT;1181215]
    Quote:

Ok?....

I lived in Stillwater for 8 years. Just joshin' ya'.
  • Reply 58 of 135
    Quote:

Bob tore a cruciate ligament on the weekend. He goes under the knife on Friday.

Poor Bob! Poor you! Hope all goes well. Does he get a cast?
  • Reply 59 of 135
    Quote:

Oh no! A friend of ours has two enormous labs, and about 8 months ago, one of them tore the Harry Potter ligament, too. 8 weeks without any sudden movement.

And then, a few weeks ago, the other one tore the Harry Potter ligament, too.

Not fun.

God I had no idea a dog could be so utterly miserable and forlorn for so long! It's like living with a major depressive. I mean, he'd attach himself surgically (?!) to me at the best of times if he possibly could. Being unable to remain within 3 feet of me every moment of the day is breaking his little heart.

I miss walkies so much.

While I knew about the recovery time, I didn't realize initially he'd be quite so incapacitated for such an extended period. He's wet the bed twice (both times with me in it). I'm concerned that he hasn't done poo but then he's not eating much either and he doesn't like to poo inside. But both times I've managed to carry him downstairs, he showed no signs of wanting to do any business. I think he's just too uncomfortable around the back end in general.

Nevertheless, everything seems to be going OK. The scar (approx 6 cm) is healing well, there are no signs of infection and the swelling has gone down. Just quietly, he is a bit of a sook at the best of times but don't tell him I said that. He may even be putting it on just a tad.

He spent the first few days quietly crying to himself off and on.

Other bad news (including for your lab friends) is that apparently the risk of them tearing the ligament in the other leg within 12 months is very high.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Poor Bob! Poor you! Hope all goes well. Does he get a cast?

Nope, no cast. Not even a bandage and fortunately my vet doesn't believe in the bucket treatment because Bob would be mortified at having to wear one.

He bit me the other night when I was giving him his antibiotics (broke skin, hurt like all fuck, thought briefly he may have broken my finger).

I wonder how much the general anesthetic might affect him. Nasty things generals. Always seem to have a (largely unacknowledged) effect on humans IMO. He's sleeping most of the time.

He's 9 and often mistaken for a puppy. But over the last week, there have been several times when he just seemed so old and world weary. My poor Li'l Bobby Dog!

Stitches out in about 4 or 5 days time. Vet said he'll be happy if he's just touching his foot to the floor by then but as long as everything is OK he won't be worried if it takes a bit longer. Looks like it's going to be a bit of a long haul this one.
  • Reply 60 of 135
    Quick update.

We are pleased to report a marked improvement in the last 24 hours in both appetite and bodily functions.

Bob indicated his desire to go out this morning so we enjoyed our first walkies together in over a week.

And yes Houston, we have poo! Quite a lot. He fell over twice in the attempt and managed to sit in one deposit. Given the logistical problems involved in being a dog trying to shit when you're right hind leg is out of action, it's hard to see how he could have achieved a result before now.