After Upgrades, Vista Eats XP's Dust

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I wonder if this is true on BootCamp, too.

After Upgrades, Vista Eats XP's Dust

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/A...ust-60491.html

By Fred J. Aun

TechNewsWorld

11/27/07 11:04 AM PT

"I use Vista every day," said Craig Barth, chief technology officer at Devil Mountain Software. "I'm actually a big fan of Vista from a user interface standpoint." The fact that it is slower than XP is "a trade-off" that Barth said he is "willing to make for some of the additional features" that come with Vista. "In order to get some of the advantages, there's going to be some heft," he reasoned.

The third Service Pack for Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) Latest News about Microsoft Windows XP, expected to be publicly released next year, might boost the operating system's See the HP Proliant DL380 G5 Server with Systems Insight Manager – Click here. speed to the point where it is substantially faster than Vista, its successor OS, according to a new study.

In a benchmarking comparison between a beta version of XP Service Pack 3 and Vista with Service Pack 1, Devil Mountain Software of Florida found that the SP3-tweaked XP left Vista in the dust.

The tests showed that XP, modified with the forthcoming service pack, had twice the performance of Vista modified with SP1, the new OS's first upgrade that is going to be released early next year.

Vista was more than twice as slow as XP with SP3 in the tests using DMS Clarity Studio OfficeBench test script "to drive Microsoft Office 2007 through a scripted set of productivity tasks, including creating a compound document and supporting workbooks and presentations materials," according to Devil Mountain Software.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Wow, that sounds like a real exciting benchmark. Apple should have compound-document-making scripts execute in a bake-off to woo customers...