What should I use to clean my MACBOOK?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I notice that to the right of my mousepad where my right hand at times rests, there is some greyish discoloration. What can I use to restore it to its original white?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    I'd try a soft eraser. Y'know, the white kind that come in a paper cube.

Stay away from solvents.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    thanks!
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by austintx05 View Post

thanks!

i heard that rubbing alchohal works.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Isopropanol is fine to use. The 91% kind is great for degreasing, and even better as aftershave.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    Off Topic but the paint is starting to come off my MacBook Pro. Right by the left command key.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    people have been telling me that windex is fine to use, but these could be anyone i want to know now. Is windex ok to use on my 13 inch macbook with a glossy screen?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by basball045 View Post

people have been telling me that windex is fine to use, but these could be anyone i want to know now. Is windex ok to use on my 13 inch macbook with a glossy screen?

Windex, especially if diluted 1:3 with isopropanol, is fine for glass screens (iPhone, iMac), but it's not a good idea for plastic screens. Use eyeglass cleanser. It's easy to find and cheap, and it won't damage plastic.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    I just read on gizmodo.com that toothpaste works really well! it would also give your macbook a minty smell