Does anyone else browse with Flock?

zozo
Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I dunno about everyone else, but I've been running Flock webbrowser and its absolutely fantastic..

Fast, takes a helluva lot less memory (Firefox is just getting worse and worse) and there is pluginn support (but no AdBlock ... yet). Its based on Mozilla...

If you have a Flickr, Facebook, etc account, the integration with these is amazing, you get a sidebar with your friend's updates, media stream of all their latest pictures, etc. The RSS reader is also top notch...

Give it a spin, you may be surprised...

http://www.flock.com/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    actually, seems you can use Firefox Add Ons but there's no guarantee they all work..

I found AdBlock Plus works, while AdBlock doesn't....

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZO View Post

I dunno about everyone else, but I've been running Flock webbrowser and its absolutely fantastic..

Fast, takes a helluva lot less memory (Firefox is just getting worse and worse) and there is pluginn support (but no AdBlock ... yet). Its based on Mozilla...

If you have a Flickr, Facebook, etc account, the integration with these is amazing, you get a sidebar with your friend's updates, media stream of all their latest pictures, etc. The RSS reader is also top notch...

Give it a spin, you may be surprised...

http://www.flock.com/

I've been using it for a few months now - and as a new member of Facebook, I can't think of a better way to stay connected! The media browser alone is way cool, and all your friends are one click away from a message, poke, whatever, instead of clicking through pages - really excellent tool.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    I really didn't like it. Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Flock... Blech!

This neurotic/needy behavior is juvenile and disturbing. No one needs to know what their friends are doing, or what you are doing every waking second. Get a life.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Only been using it less than a day, so my opinion may well change, but I'm impressed.

It's got everything that firefox has and more. It's fun and easy to use, and if you dont want to use the other features like the social networking thing, then dont. You can still use the other stuff.

Been monitoring the RAM usage with memory cell, and there seems to be a bit of difference compared with firefox, but not a huge amount. Then again, i was using an intel optimized version of firefox from Beatnikpad, which was way better for me than the normal firefox anyway.

I just find it more fun to use. The best thing about it is that all my addons from firefox work in Flock too, so i'm not losing any functionality (apart from DOM inspector which i thought they said was integrated). This has been my issue with using any other browsers. I'm just so used to firefox addons, that safari just didnt cut it. Now Flock takes care of that issue.

Let's see if my opinion changes after a few more weeks of use.

Edit: Oh, and the search is much better too, more spotlight like.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    It's a very impressive project. That said it's not for me, but I see the appeal. I'm not that much of a social networking whore; I check facebook a few times a week tops, and go to flickr when I need reference images for 3D modeling.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Good God no, the web is "social" enough already.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Good God no, the web is "social" enough already.

Hey, up to 3 shamrocks!