My Leopard menu bar is showing up solid...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bonsai1214 View Post

here's a sort of off topic question: why is it necessary to have a translucent menubar? i mean, its just an aesthetic thing..

Because art is life. Duh.
  • Reply 22 of 33
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ArtIsLife View Post

That app won't work either.

I didn't mean install it but check if it had been installed. It's a program that runs in the background. The installer should let you figure out what files get put where.

You can also try deleting your windowserver plist file.

Also, try making a new user account and see if it's transparent in that one.
  • Reply 23 of 33
    try to using a different wallpaper. because the bar automatically turns solid if you use one that leopard considers too dark
  • Reply 24 of 33
    Does it? Or does it just appear opaque on a near black picture??? Having a black background makes it look solid grey. A white one makes it look white.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bonsai1214 View Post

try to using a different wallpaper. because the bar automatically turns solid if you use one that leopard considers too dark

• Reply 25 of 33
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ArtIsLife View Post

Uhh... no. I'm not an idiot, my friend.

• Reply 26 of 33
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Try reinstalling?
  • Reply 27 of 33
    haha.. i actually have no idea if it actually does. i just changed my wallpaper to a dark one, and it seemed solid to me..
  • Reply 28 of 33
    buddhabuddha Posts: 386member
    I think the same thing happens to me when I'm in Motion 3. The drop down menus from the menu bar are grey when selected instead of the normal blue, and my menu bar is opaque grey. Changes if I switch applications though. I just deal with it since it's one app.
  • Reply 29 of 33
    I think before reinstalling the OS, is to create a new user account and see if it just your account that may have been corrupted in some way first. Then resort to reinstalling after testing another user account, deleting prefs etc..
  • Reply 30 of 33
    Did you guys have Uno installed before upgrading to Leopard? Maybe it is making something odd happen.
  • Reply 31 of 33
    Marvin:

do yo have proof that this can funk up leopard?

If so, I'd better uninstall Uno before upgrading..
  • Reply 32 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by John French View Post

Marvin:

do yo have proof that this can funk up leopard?

If so, I'd better uninstall Uno before upgrading..

I heard someone mention that it made some of the dialogs look funny. I'm not sure if they were able to just uninstall it. I'd probably uninstall it before an upgrade just in case as the mod doesn't work on Leopard anyway. I wouldn't have expected any issues but I just heard someone mention it. A clean install would have no problems but I don't know what files the upgrade leaves behind.
  • Reply 33 of 33
    Yeah Apple forgot to mention that not everyone would be able to have a tranparent menu. Even though earlier builds it worked just fine on the same hardware...

It's Apple's way of keeping hardware sales up. Those that care about such things will indeed buy a new computer just to get that feature. They did with the drop shadow'd mouse. Even after people showed that "non supported" computers could use it just fine.

I wish Apple would really stop doing this.