Ipod Touch Questions...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Couple of questions for my mother,

Can the Ipod Touch do the following tasks:

-Online Banking through Safari using a wireless network? How is its ease of use?

-Reading news articles online? How big is the font? Easy to read?

-Writing emails, how is the QWERTY touch keyboards ease of use and speed?

-Researching towns, places, sites through Safari - is it as easy as using an Imac? Is it readable? How do pictures show up?

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Craddosk View Post

-Online Banking through Safari using a wireless network? How is its ease of use?

-Researching towns, places, sites through Safari - is it as easy as using an Imac? Is it readable? How do pictures show up?

Thanks in Advance.

I can give you an answer for a couple of points...

The keyboard is relatively easy to use; it's nowhere near as practical as a computer keyboard, but typing is still simple and pretty fast.

If the font on a webpage is too small, you can zoom in.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

-Online Banking through Safari using a wireless network?

Probably, but of course it depends on the website. Not all websites work with all browsers, so no one can say for sure.

Quote:

How is its ease of use?

These are all highly subjective. Just go give it a try.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Ok, Thanks for the answers. I'm thinking using the Safari Web Browser for a RBC or a BMO Bank account.

Unfortunately, the Ipod Touch's are very difficult to find a demo. Most of the stores still don't have stock in them, or do not have a demo model out.

I knew about the zooming feature, but was wondering about its ease of use. My parents were concerned about the print being too small on a web page, but the zoom ability would cure that.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Unfortunately, the Ipod Touch's are very difficult to find a demo. Most of the stores still don't have stock in them, or do not have a demo model out.

All Apple Stores and most AT&T retail stores should have an abundance of the iPhone. iPhone runs the same browser and has the same screen size, etc. so it should be a comparable viewing experience if you can't find an iPod Touch to try out.

Best of luck.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crentist View Post

All Apple Stores and most AT&T retail stores should have an abundance of the iPhone. iPhone runs the same browser and has the same screen size, etc. so it should be a comparable viewing experience if you can't find an iPod Touch to try out.

Best of luck.

Unfortunately, the Iphone is not available in Canada. So I'm out of luck there. Nice idea though.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Unfortunately, the Iphone is not available in Canada. So I'm out of luck there. Nice idea though.

i take it you live in montreal? seeing as you have a BMO account?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

i take it you live in montreal? seeing as you have a BMO account?

Actually, Edmonton, AB. BMO (Bank of Montreal) runs across Canada, and is considered to be a major bank. It's based out of Montreal, but there are branches across Canada.