Who thinks A.I. member 'mgkwho' should stop doing this?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
-=|Mgkwho



I am aware people on A.I. don't like too many polls, so I resisted the temptation as a gesture of mutual respect. I wish others would take head. We know your username, please stop telling us.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 19
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    -=|Mgkwho



    I am aware people on A.I. don't like too many polls, so I resisted the temptation as a gesture of mutual respect. I wish others would take head. We know your username, please stop telling us.



    Maybe I haven't been following a conversation somewhere, but I have no idea what you're talking about.



    Is it that, uh, -=|Mgkwho is using that little typographical gylph as part of his nick? Is it that he is putting it at the bottom of his posts?
  • Reply 2 of 19
    irelandireland Posts: 17,794member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post


    Maybe I haven't been following a conversation somewhere, but I have no idea what you're talking about.



    Is it that, uh, -=|Mgkwho is using that little typographical gylph as part of his nick? Is it that he is putting it at the bottom of his posts?



    He puts -=|Mgkwho at the bottom of each and every of his posts, since forever.
  • Reply 3 of 19
    buddhabuddha Posts: 386member
    I don't really think this deserves a thread however I think he does make himself look pretty stupid by signing his name like that.





    -*^\\buddha - Registered User | Join Date: Mar 2007 | Posts: 136 |
  • Reply 4 of 19
    It boosts my 1337ness.



    -<+teedoff087+>-
  • Reply 5 of 19
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    M3h ^ll y0r B&S3 ^R3 B3l0>g t0 U5 !!!!!!!! muah ah ahaha ha ha ha ha hahh ha (as you can tell, I am n00B at 1337speak_
  • Reply 6 of 19
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by buddha View Post


    I don't really think this deserves a thread however I think he does make himself look pretty stupid by signing his name like that.





    -*^\\buddha - Registered User | Join Date: Mar 2007 | Posts: 136 |



    Heh heh are you being sarcastic??
  • Reply 7 of 19
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    ....



    Please PM me my free Red iPod. Thanks.
  • Reply 8 of 19
    irelandireland Posts: 17,794member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post


    Please PM me my free Red iPod. Thanks.



    Ha, you're on! All will be revealed soon.
  • Reply 9 of 19
    Kettle, Pot, Black ?
  • Reply 10 of 19
    irelandireland Posts: 17,794member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Walter Slocombe View Post


    Kettle, Pot, Black ?



    No. Signatures are a normal occurrence on forums. Quoting your own username at the bottom of each and every post you make is only done by two members on AI. Slewis & mgkwho, but Slewis doesn't do it 'every time'. You never do have anything positive to say do you?
  • Reply 11 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    No. Signatures are a normal occurrence on forums. Quoting your own username at the bottom of each and every post you make is only done by two members on AI. Slewis & mgkwho, but Slewis doesn't do it 'every time'. You never do have anything positive to say do you?



    I never have anything positive to say? Thats rich considering you are hounding a member of the forum who is doing nothing to break the rules!



    If it irritates you to look at a sig, you can either stop using the forum, get used to it, send a PM to the user and politely enquire WHY they feel the need to do what they are doing (I did this a few years back to a poster in another forum who had an animated gif that flashed "loudly") or you could just put them on your ignore list?

    OR

    Best of all, learn to live with the rich tapestry of people with conflicting ways of doing things, "you" or "I" are not always right, so shouldn't always jump to conclusions, I might find "poster A" says something ludicrous in one thread, so I point it out, but in another post "poster A" might have said something I agree with, so that doesn't mean, because I have disagreed with "poster A" that I don't like them.



    Tagging a sig in a forum post was used way back when the net was in its early stages and automated sigs, such as we have on A.I. were not avalible some people get into habbits, in part it "confirms" to them that they have finnished the post. I'm sure its not something drempt up JUST to tick you off



    If you didn't use a sig at all I could see into it, I'd think you might just find sig tags pointless, but given that you are using your own sig to promote a business, its like a Nike CEO walking down the street grumbling about all the Guinness posters, a clear case of the pot calling the kettle black.



    I have plenty positive to say, its just when I see arrogance and ignorance I sometimes feel I have to reply, but a LOT of times I don't because I take the advice I gave above, Ignore it.
  • Reply 12 of 19
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    No. Signatures are a normal occurrence on forums. Quoting your own username at the bottom of each and every post you make is only done by two members on AI. Slewis & mgkwho, but Slewis doesn't do it 'every time'. You never do have anything positive to say do you?



    Sigs that push your own site for sales is still considered poor form if acceptable. It really is a case of pot and kettle here.



    Plus you keep spawning multiple threads on the same subject for egoboos which is a lot more annoying than writing your name at the end of the post...which is probably habit (like mine is) from other forums/forum software.



    I don't really get the -=| part though.
  • Reply 13 of 19
    irelandireland Posts: 17,794member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Walter Slocombe View Post


    I never have anything positive to say? Thats rich considering you are hounding a member of the forum who is doing nothing to break the rules!



    You are very very negative, you should get out more.
  • Reply 14 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    You are very very negative, you should get out more.



    I'm so glad your years of psychoanalytical research have led you to this conclusion, and that you felt you could offer it to me free of charge.
  • Reply 15 of 19
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    I'd suggest not worrying about, and going to the trouble of starting an entire thread about, how someone chooses to end their posts.
  • Reply 16 of 19
    mgkwhomgkwho Posts: 167member
    Yeah, I get flack on Digg for signing my name too. But as you said, Ireland, signatures are normal on forums.



    The way I look at it is, you sign your name after letters and emails, so wouldn't you do the same in everything else you write? Just because your name is at the left in a forum, or in the recipient field in your email client, or at the return address on an envelope doesn't mean you shouldn't sign your name. I think it only proper!



    -=|Mgkwho



    P.S. I think people who complain about things like this have way too much time on their hands.
  • Reply 17 of 19
    irelandireland Posts: 17,794member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mgkwho View Post


    Yeah, I get flack on Digg for signing my name too. But as you said, Ireland, signatures are normal on forums.



    The way I look at it is, you sign your name after letters and emails, so wouldn't you do the same in everything else you write? Just because your name is at the left in a forum, or in the recipient field in your email client, or at the return address on an envelope doesn't mean you shouldn't sign your name. I think it only proper!



    -=|Mgkwho



    P.S. I think people who complain about things like this have way too much time on their hands.



    Good God I thought this thread was dead, lol.
  • Reply 18 of 19
    smeesmee Posts: 195member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mgkwho View Post


    P.S. I think people who complain about things like this have way too much time on their hands.



    Lol! nice



    wow, ireland.

    \



    *smee
  • Reply 19 of 19
    mgkwhomgkwho Posts: 167member
    Ha, Ireland, it's amazing what google turns up sometimes.



    -=|Mgkwho
Sign In or Register to comment.