eBay monitoring software

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I know that a bunch of apps, including Sherlock and Watson, will allow you to search for auctions and then watch those that you choose, but are there any apps that will automatically inform you of any new auctions that match a certain criteria?

I'm looking for a Leica IIIc camera dating from the war years, and I'd like to know whenever a new Leica IIIc auction appears without periodically having to search manually. Is there a way I can do this without having to resort to my own script?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I'm actually working on my own eBay application... so I *might* add that... but you can actually have ebay email you when new items appear that meet a certain criteria... check out the "mypage" link at the top the ebay webpage - it's all in there...
  • Reply 2 of 6
    kwondokwondo Posts: 217member
    Hi Belle,

As a photographer, I can tell you some good stores to go for Leica IIIc. (I'm not familar with that one - is this a M series?). I buy and sell off my equipment but never have been too keen on ebay...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    bellebelle Posts: 1,574member
    Ah, thank you nothing. I found it - "My Favorite Searches". Ideally, I'd like it in an app where I can monitor it along with ongoing auctions and whatnot, but this will do very nicely in the meantime.

kwondo - I think the IIIc is pre-M series, though I'm not really an expert on Leica. The specific model I'm looking for is referred to as the Leica IIIc Wartime, and covers production numbers from 360,175 to 397,607. I've checked out a bunch of stores in Manhattan and Brooklyn, but without luck so far.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    bah, only e-bay monitoring software i need is called murbot. it's a beta release, and pretty rough around the edges, but works.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by Belle:

<strong>Ah, thank you nothing. I found it - "My Favorite Searches". Ideally, I'd like it in an app where I can monitor it along with ongoing auctions and whatnot, but this will do very nicely in the meantime.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

is this the feature that emails you when an item meeting your criteria is added to ebay?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    bellebelle Posts: 1,574member
    [quote]Originally posted by burningwheel:

<strong>is this the feature that emails you when an item meeting your criteria is added to ebay?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yup.