iPhone OWA Reply problem

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hey Guys and Gals,

I am very reliant on Outlook Web Access to access my work email and calendar (way better than having to use WM6, even if its less than an ideal setup). However, I have a VERY annnoying problem that other people I've talked to do not. Simply, when I try to reply to an email (or reply All) instead of the page loading with the text form ready for me to start typing, the email in the body of the reply is either scrolled all the way to the bottom, or somewhere in the middle.

This means that I have to place the cursor near the top of the text form, and then scroll all the way up to the top of the email so my response is at the top of the email. Obviously, this gets to be extremely annoying after awhile. It doesn't happen all the time, but nearly. I've tried hitting reply with the iPhone in both portrait and landscape mode and have cleared the safari cache.

I've searched around google and briefly on other forms, but I haven't seen this issue mentioned anywhere else; any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rockets19 View Post

Hey Guys and Gals,

I am very reliant on Outlook Web Access to access my work email and calendar (way better than having to use WM6, even if its less than an ideal setup). However, I have a VERY annnoying problem that other people I've talked to do not. Simply, when I try to reply to an email (or reply All) instead of the page loading with the text form ready for me to start typing, the email in the body of the reply is either scrolled all the way to the bottom, or somewhere in the middle.

This means that I have to place the cursor near the top of the text form, and then scroll all the way up to the top of the email so my response is at the top of the email. Obviously, this gets to be extremely annoying after awhile. It doesn't happen all the time, but nearly. I've tried hitting reply with the iPhone in both portrait and landscape mode and have cleared the safari cache.

I've searched around google and briefly on other forms, but I haven't seen this issue mentioned anywhere else; any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

I get the same thing except I didn't know you could even scroll to the top. I've searched hi and lo and can't find anything either. I was looking for a setting like Thunderbird has when replying to email - "Start reply above the quote" etc.

The guy at the Apple store knew about the problem and said there was nothing you could do because Safari mobile can't display the scroll bar on the text box.

While you can scroll with the magnifying glass, it's not real fast. Here's another user's story Switchblog.com: Iphone-and-gmail-in-safari

and here: http://discussions.apple.com/thread....sageID=5934258

and finally a better solution I can live with - 2 fingered scrolling. Use two fingers to pull the text downward to get to the top of the message! Who'da thunk it

http://nobodywantsastyl.us/2007/07/t...rolling_1.html